JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I shot a friends a few months ago....seriously considered switching... but I shoot my 19 well enough and after 10 years Im so heavily invested in holsters, mags, parts, ect...did t make fiscal sense.

If I was starting from scratch, I might go SW first.

I switched from a G19 to a G45.

The M&P's are fine weapons and I like them a lot. But like others, it would be a whole nother investment to switch.

Own both, shoot both well - personal preference for the M&P over the Glock. Wife prefers the Glock, it's hers now.
My compact model is a 1.0, came in 40 S&W, inexpensively picked up 9mm match grade barrel. Best of both. Have a 5" 2.0 model - in 40, also with a 9mm match. M&P 2.0 triggers are generally better, APEX trigger parts are best.

BTW, some holsters fit either. Have a Kramer IWB and De Santis OWB, both hold either firearm securely.

Can't put my finger on it, the m&p series to me just seems "off" and therefore never found a home with me. I've shot 3 different models my friends have an they're all just fine. Closest to the 9c was a 45c which I thought looked and felt great but still "off." I might be in the minority on this one. I believe I have 8 Glocks? Maybe 7 maybe 9. As to whether or not g19>m&p 9c, I suppose that depends on the definition of ">"

Can't put my finger on it, the m&p series to me just seems "off" and therefore never found a home with me. I've shot 3 different models my friends have an they're all just fine. Closest to the 9c was a 45c which I thought looked and felt great but still "off." I might be in the minority on this one. I believe I have 8 Glocks? Maybe 7 maybe 9. As to whether or not g19>m&p 9c, I suppose that depends on the definition of ">"

I had a 5" M&P for a while. Really nice firearm. I just couldn't like it enough to switch to that platform so I sold it.

I have both and use both.

Prefer the shields over the 43/x/48 line but I love the 19 as my first EDC. Still if you aren't stupid rich best to stick to one especially if investing in parts/holster/light-laser etc. Plus why not have fun with a 26 and a 33rnd happy stick just because you can!

To me, each fits a role on a certain day depending on my mood and likely hood of where I will be. Personally prefer the stock trigger of a 2.0 over factory glock but both are non issues for me. Both have a plethora of support and aftermarket which is good. Still curious to try that new 2.0 subcompact.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews