JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In spite of my general dislike of Plastic Phantastic pistols, I recently purchased a new Glock 19 gen5 as #1 9mm carry piece, retiring my BHP and other assorted 9mms to the safe... I retired my Combat Commander several years ago for a gen3 G21... Anyway, I'm using a generic Uncle Mike's holster for the G19 and want to get something better. Inside and/or outside waistband, looking for options. Preferably one which will cover the trigger area. All suggestions and ideas appreciated! Thanks, Dun

Last Edited:
I carry my 23 (same size frame, bigger boolits) in a Blackhawk Serpa CQC. Been using that holster for 15 years and have had 0 issues with it. I've used it at IDPA matches and Defensive pistol matches that whole time and also as my EDC. 10's of thousands of rounds.
I know a lot of folks complain about having to push the button and that it creates a safety hazard. If you draw your firearm correctly, keeping your index finger straight, then the gun comes out with your finger indexed along side the frame, where it should be.
If you are someone that curls your finger into the trigger guard before completing your draw then this is not the holster for you.
(And I probably don't want to share a range with you!)

Last Edited:
Basically almost any of them will be better that what you are using. Cost? How much do you want to spend? You can get very nice holsters (at least to me nice) for less than $50, or you can spend several hundred. Many good Kydex to choose from in the low end. Most if they are made for your pistol will hold it well, even feel a "click" when you put the pistol in it. I tend to prefer open top as I am not worried about a grab. Like the We the People holsters a lot. Before they came along bought a few from Fobus that all worked great for low end. If you want more security you can get some that have thumb break and even more security if you wish. Some are so "secure" you see video of people having a VERY hard time getting the pistol out in a stress situation. One thing about CC. A LOT of us who do it for a while end up with a box containing working holsters we just no longer use. So if you are not sure Ebay tends to be a good place to look for name brand used ones that are great. Any holster made for your pistol is going to cover the trigger. So its just a matter of which way you want to carry and at what position. Also really helps to have a decent belt.

In spite of my general dislike of Plastic Phantastic pistols, I recently purchased a new Glock 19 gen5 as #1 9mm carry piece, retiring my BHP and other assorted 9mms to the safe... I retired my Combat Commander several years ago for a gen3 G21... Anyway, I'm using a generic Uncle Mike's holster for the G19 and want to get something better. Inside and/or outside waistband, looking for options. Preferably one which will cover the trigger area. All suggestions and ideas appreciated! Thanks, Dun
Dara holsters, best for competition and quick draw.
Blackhawk serpa also good
Best bang for the buck is Bravo concealment and they have a great deal, buy 1 get 2nd half off,
so you can get one for IWB and one OWB and they have REALLY good retention.
YOU could do flips like that FBI agent did on the dance floor and NOT shoot someone.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top