JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Smith and Wesson's M&P Line. I love my M&P 40, have you ruled them out for some reason?

Neg Unionguy, I havent exactly ruled the M&P line out. These 3 are the ones I've been really looking at. I should of stated before but I'm going for a 9mm.

But, out of the 3 my left eye is looking at the SP2022 and my right at the G17.

Smith and Wesson's M&P Line. I love my M&P 40, have you ruled them out for some reason?

M&P is also an excellent choice... What little I've handled them I've been impressed, and both Chris and Travis of Magpul Dynamics are running M&Ps as of late and had very positive things to say about them at a recent class.

I'd still probably choose GLOCK based on the aforementioned legendary reliabilty and the fact that they fit my hand well but some hate their ergos.

I'd vote for the XDM. - It's likely the most accurate of the 3, and it fits my hand like a glove. I think that's what it's going to come down to- feel. If the P2022 is anything like my 228, the trigger is going to be much better than either the XDM or the glock. The glock will have the most aftermarket accessories.

Hold and dry fire all 3. Pick the one that feels best. They're all great guns.

Glock 17 - Great reliability, cheap parts, tons of aftermarket. The bad part is that ugly trigger, the blocky grip, and the grip angle itself.

Sig2022 - I've held one, but never shot it. Felt great in the hand. I haven't seen any aftermarket support.

XDM - Basically everything like the Glock 17, but larger mag capacity (longer grip), much more comfortable, better trigger, and the aftermarket support is really starting to boom. It's the new Glock for competition that's not a Glock. A bit more expensive, mags are now about the same, aftermarket is still smaller than Glock.

My personal preference is the XDM. I had one in .40 before I consolidated everything to .45. It worked great, and was surprisingly soft recoiling. I'm really hoping Springfield releases one in .45.

Easy Steve, Sig supports the SIG PRO series, the SP2022 is a Sig Pro, parts etc are available. Try Top Gun Supply. Sig will support the SP2022 in the US until 2022. This pistol is still sold in Europe and will continue you to be sold there. A pistol no one has metioned is a CZ PO-1, an excellent pistol. NATO approved firearm. You can't go wrong with the SIG. Bill

Great stuff guys. So many to choose from, wish I could get em all. I was def looking at the CZ as well, but just narrowed it down to the 3. Still looking though and you guys are just making it harder! bubblegums!

+1 on spending time and money at a range to see what works for you. A $600.00 handgun with all the bells and whistles will not do you any good if you can't hit what you want with it. Go with what works for you.

Myself, GLOCK works well for me so a big + 10 for the G17.

SF-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads