JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got a chance to send some 150gr Hornady RN down range with Trail Boss and my 308. It was a hoot! i tested loads from 11.0gr to 15.0gr. They were all plinking accurate and darn near POA at 50yds (100yds not so much). However, 13.0gr printed a .8in 3-shot group at 100yds, even if it was 3.5in low and right (rifle sighted at 200yds with 165's). This could be a good camp round or trainer for a youngster. There is very little recoil with velocity running at [email protected] to [email protected].

If you have some Trail Boss on your bench try some in you rifle, it will make you smile!

+1 for training loads, and new shooter loads (wives, gfs, kids) with trailboss.

I've used in 45-70, 375win, 30-30. It is also good for fireforming wildcat loads (7tcu, 300 ackley).

Nate

I just got some Trail boss for its' case filling ability in my 45colt loads.Other powders were acting squiarrely in this chilly weather.So far I like it,the reports of the rounds were very consisitant,I'lll chrono them when I get a part ordred for my chrono..and no we won't talk about that. lol

I haven't used trailboss in any rifle calibers yet, but I've loaded .38, .357, .44mag, and .500mag with it, and it's a great powder for light loads. I should have some .32S&Wlong dies showing up sometime this week, and I'll be trying it in that caliber too.

I haven't used trailboss in any rifle calibers yet, but I've loaded .38, .357, .44mag, and .500mag with it, and it's a great powder for light loads. I should have some .32S&Wlong dies showing up sometime this week, and I'll be trying it in that caliber too.

I originally got TB for light 38 and 357 loads for the wife. I have found using 4.0gr and a 125LRNFP makes shooting for the wife a fun thing. The super light loads with fast powder makes me nervous. You would have to be pretty complacent to over fill a case with TB Cheerios.

sneakboxer,no reason to be nervous about your loads,TB was designed for what you are doing..filling cases with light recoiling powder.I"m surprised u are getting 4 grains in a .38 case.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top