JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I got a chance to send some 150gr Hornady RN down range with Trail Boss and my 308. It was a hoot! i tested loads from 11.0gr to 15.0gr. They were all plinking accurate and darn near POA at 50yds (100yds not so much). However, 13.0gr printed a .8in 3-shot group at 100yds, even if it was 3.5in low and right (rifle sighted at 200yds with 165's). This could be a good camp round or trainer for a youngster. There is very little recoil with velocity running at [email protected] to [email protected].

If you have some Trail Boss on your bench try some in you rifle, it will make you smile!

+1 for training loads, and new shooter loads (wives, gfs, kids) with trailboss.

I've used in 45-70, 375win, 30-30. It is also good for fireforming wildcat loads (7tcu, 300 ackley).

Nate

I just got some Trail boss for its' case filling ability in my 45colt loads.Other powders were acting squiarrely in this chilly weather.So far I like it,the reports of the rounds were very consisitant,I'lll chrono them when I get a part ordred for my chrono..and no we won't talk about that. lol

I haven't used trailboss in any rifle calibers yet, but I've loaded .38, .357, .44mag, and .500mag with it, and it's a great powder for light loads. I should have some .32S&Wlong dies showing up sometime this week, and I'll be trying it in that caliber too.

I haven't used trailboss in any rifle calibers yet, but I've loaded .38, .357, .44mag, and .500mag with it, and it's a great powder for light loads. I should have some .32S&Wlong dies showing up sometime this week, and I'll be trying it in that caliber too.

I originally got TB for light 38 and 357 loads for the wife. I have found using 4.0gr and a 125LRNFP makes shooting for the wife a fun thing. The super light loads with fast powder makes me nervous. You would have to be pretty complacent to over fill a case with TB Cheerios.

sneakboxer,no reason to be nervous about your loads,TB was designed for what you are doing..filling cases with light recoiling powder.I"m surprised u are getting 4 grains in a .38 case.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top