JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A little girl seems to hang around my back yard from time to time asking questions and telling stories as only little girls can. I don't mind, if fact she is kind of special to me and I know she is missing her daddy. He is on his third tour in the sand box as one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. Anyway, she shows me her pink My Little Pony and tells me they are real and someday soon they will all come to life, millions and millions of them all real pony size for little girls to catch and ride.

Got me to thinking, millions and millions of them roaming around the neighbourhood waiting for little girls to catch them could become a problem.

The next day my nephew drops by and asked me to cast him up a bunch of 38 bullets and powder coat them. My old man brain got me to thinking why not have some fun and make My Little Pony defence bullets. So into the powder coating tub goes a spoon full of white and a spoon full of red. It worked so well I went ahead and coated some 45 bullets for my 45 Colt just in case some of those pink ponys get real real big, like draft horse big.

The Results surprised me.

Then I got to thinking about some of the powders I have that work real well and a couple I have that will not work with the shake and bake method at all. Would a mixture work? So into another tub goes a spoon full of white that works and coats like a dream along with a high gloss black that only works with a powder coat gun. Bingo, it comes out speckled and make a dark granite coloured coating. I thought they were kind of cool too.

That is what you get when you let an old man play unsupervised. :grin:

DSC_0974_zpsnbbsdo49.jpg DSC_0970_zpsk09senl0.jpg

None. Folks have been doing it a coupe of years now and shot way more than I have and report no adverse reactions. I have a Blackhawk in 45 Colt that has never seen anything but powder coated cast. I comes clean tithes just a swipe of a patch. It is inexpensive to start, a lot easier than conventional lubing and sizing and a lot less messy. You can shoot soft lead as fast as a handgun can push them.

A little girl seems to hang around my back yard from time to time asking questions and telling stories as only little girls can. I don't mind, if fact she is kind of special to me and I know she is missing her daddy. He is on his third tour in the sand box as one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children. Anyway, she shows me her pink My Little Pony and tells me they are real and someday soon they will all come to life, millions and millions of them all real pony size for little girls to catch and ride.

Got me to thinking, millions and millions of them roaming around the neighbourhood waiting for little girls to catch them could become a problem.

The next day my nephew drops by and asked me to cast him up a bunch of 38 bullets and powder coat them. My old man brain got me to thinking why not have some fun and make My Little Pony defence bullets. So into the powder coating tub goes a spoon full of white and a spoon full of red. It worked so well I went ahead and coated some 45 bullets for my 45 Colt just in case some of those pink ponys get real real big, like draft horse big.

The Results surprised me.

Then I got to thinking about some of the powders I have that work real well and a couple I have that will not work with the shake and bake method at all. Would a mixture work? So into another tub goes a spoon full of white that works and coats like a dream along with a high gloss black that only works with a powder coat gun. Bingo, it comes out speckled and make a dark granite coloured coating. I thought they were kind of cool too.

That is what you get when you let an old man play unsupervised. :grin:

:eek: :eek: :eek: I was thinking about that little girl....And how she'd react when you told her about the "Special Bullets" for all those pink ponies!

I have been powder coating lead bullets for the last 3 years, The powder bonds to the lead at a molecular level and becomes a jacket. If you do it correctly (the correct temp for the correct time) there will be 0 leading in your barrel and your barrel will last a very long time. There are people that have well over 100,000 rounds with powder coated bullets through their handgun barrels and they say that they still look brand new.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top