JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$5000
City
Coos Bay
State
Oregon
This splendid mount would be very impressive in your sporting goods store, gun shop, restaurant, or den. The cape and horns are all original to this bull. This is not some cobbled up set of sheds on a cow or spike cape. It is the best bull I killed over 13 years of hunting and guiding in Western Montana. The mount is by Big Sky Taxidermy, Hamilton, Montana. The horns are removable for transport. I am in Coos Bay.
$5000.00
Semper Fi IMG_0880.jpg IMG_0873.jpg IMG_0869.jpg IMG_0868.jpg IMG_0973.jpg IMG_0865.jpg IMG_0967.jpg IMG_0875.jpg IMG_0864.jpg
PS: It would/could eliminate any doubts regarding your activities during your 10 day "hunting trip" absence this fall.:rolleyes:

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Not to rain on your thread but you can't sell that in Oregon.

ORS 498.022 - Purchase, sale, exchange or possession of wildlife or wildlife parts or products - 2017 Oregon Revised Statutes

A buddy of mine was gifted a bear skin rug and he didn't want to adorne his shop with it anymore and offered it for sale (Internet).

OSP came and visited him. He got lucky claiming ignorance but...

Thank you for your concern but....within the section or ORS that you quoted: 348.587, (B) "Covered Animal Species"

i...Elephant
ii...Rhinoceros
iii...Whale
iv...Tiger
v...Lion
vi...Leopard
vii...Jaguar
viii...Cheetah
ix...Pangolin
x...Sea Turtle
xi...Shark

Clearly my elk mount is none of those, therefore is not one of the "covered animal species" and does not fall under ORS 348.587. Under your interpretation every taxidermist that I know would be in violation as they all sell heads that they've done for people who never paid and came to pick them up. I wonder why OSP was really interested in your friend?:rolleyes:

Sorry, I was reading that under (1) you can't sell "wildlife" OR "covered animal species." It's not exactly well written, but this is more on point and what I was remembering:

Oregon Secretary of State Administrative Rules

635-200-0120
Taxidermy Mounts

(1) A game mammal taxidermy mount acquired from an Oregon resident 65 years of age or older and legally harvested by the same individual, or acquired from an Oregon decedent by survivorship or any form of succession, may be sold by the person 65 or older, or the decedent's survivor or successor, to any person, provided that the seller first obtains a registration permit from the department.

(2) A registration permit requires a $25.00 non-refundable permit administration fee which covers processing of up to five taxidermy mounts, and a processing fee of an additional $5.00 for each additional mounted game mammal.

(3) To obtain a permit if the seller acquired the mount(s) by survivorship or any form of succession, he or she must provide the department with:

(a) An Oregon death certificate for the decedent;

(b) For mounts of game mammals harvested before January 1, 2017, an affidavit by the seller stating that (to the best of the seller's knowledge) the decedent legally harvested the game mammal and describing how the seller legally acquired the mount by survivorship or succession; and

(c) For mounts of game mammals harvested on or after January 1, 2017, a properly validated tag which the decedent used to document legal harvest of the game mammal.

(4) To obtain a permit if the seller is an Oregon resident 65 years of age or older, he or she must provide the department with:

(a) For mounts of game mammals harvested before January 1, 2017, a properly validated tag issued to the seller, or an affidavit by the seller stating that the seller legally harvested the game mammal; and

(b) For mounts of game mammals harvested on or after January 1, 2017, a properly validated tag issued to the seller to document legal harvest of the game mammal.

(5) Upon compliance with the requirements of subsection (2), the department shall register the mount and affix a permanent identification number.

So if you're 65+ Years of age and have a permit, looks like you are in business!

I'd give OSP a call just to be on the safe side if it were me though.

On other notes:

Taxidermist's provide a service, and hide/antlers/hooves are regulated separate.

And as to my friend, he would be very uninteresting to LE.

Sorry, I was reading that under (1) you can't sell "wildlife" OR "covered animal species." It's not exactly well written, but this is more on point and what I was remembering:

635-200-0120
Taxidermy Mounts

(1) A game mammal taxidermy mount acquired from an Oregon resident 65 years of age or older and legally harvested by the same individual, or acquired from an Oregon decedent by survivorship or any form of succession, may be sold by the person 65 or older, or the decedent's survivor or successor, to any person, provided that the seller first obtains a registration permit from the department.

(2) A registration permit requires a $25.00 non-refundable permit administration fee which covers processing of up to five taxidermy mounts, and a processing fee of an additional $5.00 for each additional mounted game mammal.

(3) To obtain a permit if the seller acquired the mount(s) by survivorship or any form of succession, he or she must provide the department with:

(b) For mounts of game mammals harvested before January 1, 2017, an affidavit by the seller stating that (to the best of the seller's knowledge) the decedent legally harvested the game mammal and describing how the seller legally acquired the mount by survivorship or succession; and

(c) For mounts of game mammals harvested on or after January 1, 2017, a properly validated tag which the decedent used to document legal harvest of the game mammal.

(4) To obtain a permit if the seller is an Oregon resident 65 years of age or older, he or she must provide the department with:

(a) For mounts of game mammals harvested before January 1, 2017, a properly validated tag issued to the seller, or an affidavit by the seller stating that the seller legally harvested the game mammal; and

(b) For mounts of game mammals harvested on or after January 1, 2017, a properly validated tag issued to the seller to document legal harvest of the game mammal.

(5) Upon compliance with the requirements of subsection (2), the department shall register the mount and affix a permanent identification number.

So if you're 65+ Years of age and have a permit, looks like you are in business!

On other notes:

Taxidermist's provide a service, and hide/antlers/hooves are regulated separate.

Happy to hear about your friend. I will certainly call OSP, or as I work with them frequently, will check out what, if anything I need to do if someone wants to purchase this. In Mexico/South America they call it "Mordida" (the bite) … an example of one more way the politicians/lawyers take money from hard working people to finance their own political agendas.:mad: Who ever heard of needing a permit to sell something decorative and special that you've owned for years and was a difficult achievement that you were proud of.

635-200-0120
Taxidermy Mounts

On other notes:

I am well over 65:(
Scott

Last Edited:
That's a proud mount. Very worthy to have in any man cave, or home with Cathedral ceilings, or outdoor type of shop.
BTW, I got a laugh, the pulling up/referencing the REGS.

My Brother-In-Law (the Bastich) took a very similar mount from my fathers home, that my dad bagged on one of his hunting excursions.
I was furious in what he did, and never did get it back, even though the estate went to legal representation.
I thought the act of him "taking" the mount, and his reasoning in doing so, that he obviously wanted prowess and bragging rights around his "friends",
(he can't keep any because he stabs them all in the back, eventually) full-filled his way in life as the nut-less POS he's proven to walk in his way of existence.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top