JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I shoot an M&P 2.0 compact. I have 1 with standard sights, another with an optic.
when I changed the sights on my first one the front sight took multiple attempts to keep it from moving.
The same is happening on the second since I needed to put on taller sights for the optic.
finally to my question....the sights come off from left to right. When the front sight moves it drifts left.
This seems counterintuitive to what I would expect.
Any thoughts?

thanks

Buy a Glock? JK. In all honesty I have no idea with the M&Ps. Hope you figure it out though. I'm sure some guys here have a lot of experience with them. Not sure if they have an option with a set screw or not.

Some S&W's have had this dovetail issue before (well not just S&W, but I digress). If you call them they'll probably tell you to send it in for warrantee work. You could first try cleaning the dovetail and sight (just the dovetail part of the sight, not the top part) really well and then reinstalling the sight with loctite. It might work but might not. I'm no gunsmith but it sounds to me like the dovetail is out of spec.

if they are aftermarket sights I would start with giving them a call first. A properly made dovetail sight should require hand fitting to install properly.

I had this same issue on an aftermarket Glock slide. I tried multiple rear sights, multiple brands. All to find out the dovetail on the slide was out of spec.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews