front sights for a PA63?

Reactions
i have a FEG PA-63 and, for whatever reason, want to upgrage my sights. prior to the downfall of makarov.com, i picked up a sig rear sight, wich with a little work fits well and looks good. problem is, i have no idea how to proceed with the front sight. a PA-63 is a direct blowback design similar to a makarov, walther pp, colt 1903 pocket, the recoil spring is mounted around the barrel and acts directly on the front of the slide. i'm not sure if the metal there is thick enough for a dovetail.

has anyone had any experience with a sight instal like this? i was thinking a millett dual crimp. or a 1911 style stake on. is it possble to add material to the top of the slide and dovetail that, or slot it revolver style? thoughts?

OP
jakk586
Reactions
so i guess makarov.com isn't dead and gone completely. it's still up but their operations are closed. found what i'm looking for. looks like a small dovetail. can any one i.d. that front sight? or recomend a factory front sight with a shallow dovetail?

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom