JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Nothing new here:

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me to express your views on gun ownership and violence prevention. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

As you know, on January 16, 2013, President Obama announced a series of legislative proposals and executive actions intended to reduce gun violence. I applaud the President's efforts to close gun purchase loopholes and to create new tools for further background checks.

Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) introduced a bill to regulate assault weapons (S. 150) on January 24, 2013. The proposed legislation bans certain military-style, semi-automatic weapons, and makes it illegal to produce, import, or sell magazines with capacity over ten rounds. The bill was referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee for further review and was favorably reported from the committee on March 14, 2013. The bill is now awaiting consideration before the full Senate.

In the past, I supported the original Assault Weapons Ban and the Brady Bill, as well as the Youth Handgun Safety Act of 1993, which prohibits juveniles from possessing or receiving handguns. I look forward to working with my colleagues in the Senate to strengthen responsible legislation to rein in gun violence. We need to work to close the loopholes in existing laws that allow criminals and children to gain access to firearms contrary to the law's intention. One example is the well-known "gun-show loophole" which allows people to purchase firearms at gun-shows without undergoing the background check required when guns are bought from licensed dealers. Lastly, I believe we must support increased gun-safety and gun-use education.

I support the Second Amendment and the rights of law-abiding Washingtonians who own guns. I also remain focused on addressing the deeply troubling violence in this country and making our state and our country as safe as possible for all people, including our most vulnerable citizens, our children. I believe both of these goals are important and can be simultaneously accomplished through common-sense gun laws and stricter enforcement of existing laws.

Along with addressing gun violence, making services for the mentally ill and their families more accessible will encourage those suffering from mental illness to seek needed care and support. Mental health care is a critical component of our healthcare system and an individual's overall health status. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, approximately one in 17 Americans suffers from a seriously debilitating mental illness. I care deeply about mental health care and understand the important role access to behavioral health services play in the lives of both those who suffer from mental illness and their family and loved ones.

Sincerely,
Maria Cantwell
United States Senator

Deen
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member & Recruiter
Washington Arms Collectors Member
SouthWest Washington Arms Collectors Member
Second Amendment Foundation Member

Yes vote her out, start working on it now. Talk to everyone you can and we will get her out. If we work on it now until election time we will be able to do it. I really don't know how she survived the last election but we will get her out this time. I am tired of talking to the wall! and tired of hearing her say, thanks for writing me, but!

Will we, given the "irregularities" (read: Systemic Election Fraud) in the Kleptocracy of King County? The only way I see it happening is if ALL the other counties landslide the other way... OR if Seattle has to count THEIR ballots first so they can't fabricate enough to get the steal.

Remember, this IS the people who believe in "Third Recount's the Charm" and stole an election that the Republican had WON in TWO prior counts... Dino Rossi's spineless and a non-fighter, but STILL woulda been better than that POS FRAUDoire.

"The Vote" is coming. Take note of who breaks their oath to defend the COTUS and vote against them next election.
Somebody is taking a tally. Send your representatives an email. They have a form on their website.
Use your real name and your real email address and let them know how a real person feels about the 2A.
Don't be angry, just tell them which way you want them to vote. Don't threaten them, except to maybe mention if they vote the other way you will vote against them next election.
Maybe, if there's enough tallys... well, The Vote Is Coming!

This is the same form-file response I've been getting from Murray and Cantwell ever since the proposal of the Lautenberg amendment early last spring/summer. Cantwell at some point just stopped responding with anything around the time of Newtown.

What's odd is that I haven't received a reply from them at all, either senator. Of course, I made my subject line "Title 10, 311 USC" which is the militia law, and referenced the law and US v Miller....not gun control per se.

Hmm....maybe it went straight into the trash bin...

I responded to her response by informing her that either she is lying and does not support the 2nd Ammendment, or she needs to do some more research because she is ignorant of what it means. I was more diplomatic than that, but it was the same message.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews