French MAS 59/56 $400.00 Traded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
French (yes, :rolleyes:French) MAS 46/56 in the original 7.5 MAS NOT one of the drunken monkey ones converted to 308. Comes with:
3 - 10 round mags
20 rounds surplus ammo (corrosive)
6 rounds FNM (non- corrosive)
13 FNM cases
Night sight with phosphorescent dots that work, green in front, orange in back (it's the tube thing by the bayonet)
Bayonet
Bunch of striper clips (in the plastic bag)
Original cleaning kit pull through and bottles
Sling
Broken shell extractor, spare firing pin, extractor and grenade launch spring
McCann Industries scope mount (These are $90.00)
(Plate not included ;))

7.5 MAs ammo is roughly comparable to normal 308 rounds and ammo is available on line and in many local stores.

If you are wanting a 308 / 762 NATO style MBR, but can't swing the $1,000 price tag this is a great option. They are smooth shooting, have a convenient safety (MUCH better than the H&K or the FAL) and are a lot of fun to shoot.

The target was shot while I was at Leupold with a Prismatic 1x sight with the circle dot reticle. The hole at the top was the last of the shots to adjust it on target, and the 4 rounds are in a 2.25 wide X 1" high group. With a better scope this is likely a +/- 1" gun.

These were designed to have a 300 meter zero, not all the useful out side of North Africa. . . When You adjusted the front sight up enough for a 100 yard zero it wobbled terribly, so I turned the front sight down and fitted it with a over long brass tube that could be shortened to sight it in. I never got around to doing that.

Not looking for trades right now.

FTF in the PDX area, WA OK if you pay the fees.

Questions, mockery (and of course offers) are always welcome.

MAS4956.jpg

MAS4956ScopeMount.jpg

MAS4656FrontSight.jpg

MAS4956Target.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
VinnieBoomBah
Reactions
7 day bump with a final price reduction to $400.00 cash money.
I know this one is a bit of an odd rifle, but if you have been wanting a 308 semi auto battle rifle but could not swing the $700 to $1,500 for an FAL, H&K or a AR style rifle this would be a good choice. Despite the '7.5" part of the the MAS 7.5x54 rounds name it uses 7.62 /.308 bullets to reload, loaded ammo is priced about the same as commercial .308, and dies, brass and everything else you need is available (maybe not locally, but locally avalable reloading supplies are kind of lame anyway . . . :complain: )

Thanks for looking.

OP
VinnieBoomBah
Reactions
Getting a little tired of seeing this in the safe. :s0131:

Time to open it up for trades. About the only two things I would not be interested in are shotguns and 10/22's. Also, I have no $$ to add to a trade :(
Other then that, feel free to PM me with anything you got. :s0155:

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom