JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Still reading. Good post.

I've been debating negative v. positive rights for a while, re taxes and people's supposed rights to healthcare (or rather their supposed right to take my money to pay for their healthcare) and so on. They always fail to come up with any kind of solid answer for how I am obligated to pay for their life costs.

But a day or so ago, someone on FB made the very same argument about abortion and a woman's body and her obligation - or lack thereof - to carry a fetus to term.

Now abortion is a charged topic, and I am of mixed feelings about it. I understand both sides - but they made a good argument for a woman's choice based on the lack of obligation.

That aside, I took that argument and said I have no obligation to pay for someone's life costs, like healthcare, housing, food, etc. and then I explained about natural rights, how the BOR recognizes them, positive and negative rights, etc.

Made four comments of length on that, in part responding to another person's comments.

Went back today, and all of those comments (mine and the other person I responded to) were deleted but the original post was still there.

I guess I hit too close to home.:rolleyes:

Left or right, what is good for the goose doesn't seem to be good for the gander.

That's ok I guess, but it annoys me when I spend time to respond to a post and my response is deleted. It is like the person just says "shut up and walks away".

@The Heretic the way you think is just too damn dangerous. I enjoy it thoroughly. If we could all be more objective in our perspectives, what a wonderful world it'd be.

Thank you, sir, for being unmistakably you and not beholden to a party who's only purpose I can tell, is to divide us peoples of the land of the free, home o fc the brave.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top