Freedom vs. Liberty: How Subtle Differences Between These Two Big Ideas Changed Our World

The Heretic

Reactions
Still reading. Good post.

I've been debating negative v. positive rights for a while, re taxes and people's supposed rights to healthcare (or rather their supposed right to take my money to pay for their healthcare) and so on. They always fail to come up with any kind of solid answer for how I am obligated to pay for their life costs.

But a day or so ago, someone on FB made the very same argument about abortion and a woman's body and her obligation - or lack thereof - to carry a fetus to term.

Now abortion is a charged topic, and I am of mixed feelings about it. I understand both sides - but they made a good argument for a woman's choice based on the lack of obligation.

That aside, I took that argument and said I have no obligation to pay for someone's life costs, like healthcare, housing, food, etc. and then I explained about natural rights, how the BOR recognizes them, positive and negative rights, etc.

Made four comments of length on that, in part responding to another person's comments.

Went back today, and all of those comments (mine and the other person I responded to) were deleted but the original post was still there.

I guess I hit too close to home.:rolleyes:

Left or right, what is good for the goose doesn't seem to be good for the gander.

That's ok I guess, but it annoys me when I spend time to respond to a post and my response is deleted. It is like the person just says "shut up and walks away".

Heyjoe

Reactions
@The Heretic the way you think is just too damn dangerous. I enjoy it thoroughly. If we could all be more objective in our perspectives, what a wonderful world it'd be.

Thank you, sir, for being unmistakably you and not beholden to a party who's only purpose I can tell, is to divide us peoples of the land of the free, home o fc the brave.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom