JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On what case?

I hate listening to most YT pundits - especially since I am half deaf.

Executive summary please?
(You don't have 5min to scan through it, but someone else has 10min to watch it and do a summary write up for those that can't be bothered?😁🤔)

I'll play....

More than the open carry case itself... the main take away he is pointing out is the major shift in the 9th circuit that, when it comes to 2A cases, they will be adhering to and requiring the lower courts to also adhere to strict scrutiny analysis (per Bruen). Directing that the lower courts view first and foremost the constitutional challenge. Stating that if the challenge is likely to succeed on the merits alone then injunction should be granted... and it follows that by doing so the public interest (interest balancing) is also served. In so much as the withholding of a constitutional right causes irreparable harm to the public.

In this specific case the 9th also went on further to say that the court abused it's discretion in their analysis. Quite a strong chastisement if you ask me.👍

The nutshell: It "seems" as though the 9th circuit is saying that, going forward, they are switching gears to align the panel of judges along with the Bruen standard.

We'll see...... but maybe there is a glimmer of hope for some of the recent OR and WA challenges currently moving up the pipe(?)

I too will just no longer even bother when I see some YouTube link. Why so many can not just say "this happened in court" instead of sharing links to some site, with advertising and of course some talking head who is going to put their spin on something. If the "story" did not make ANY real news site? So a simple link to the news story does not exist? This tells me nothing really happened other than people trying to drive clicks to a channel to make money with flashy headlines.

I too will just no longer even bother when I see some YouTube link. Why so many can not just say "this happened in court" instead of sharing links to some site, with advertising and of course some talking head who is going to put their spin on something. If the "story" did not make ANY real news site? So a simple link to the news story does not exist? This tells me nothing really happened other than people trying to drive clicks to a channel to make money with flashy headlines.
Sometimes we forget that not everyone lives in this world the same as we do, and that includes having the time or inclination to watch those videos or have them just running in the background.
But I totally agree that a useful link or even a simple "Go to (time mark) for the important bit where they say . . . " would be fantastic!!

Why so many can not just say "this happened in court" instead of sharing links to some site,
Because... that's an individual personal take on what jumped out to them... and their own interpretation of what is means to them. Not to mention that the first thing people will ask is, "where did you see that?"

Last I heard... a forum isn't a classroom setting that requires source material or a bibliography to post a comment.

Click it or don't. Open the video description to view the source link.. and click it or don't. Personal choice, but I often find it funny how some people prefer to read someone elses take on what was said vs. going to view it firsthand and see what it means to them.

Just sayin....

I do typically try to link the source article, but then you also have folks that won't be bothered to read the entire article and just want the highlights.

IOW, you can't please all the people all the time and complaining doesn't seem to serve much purpose.;)

Never say never ;) though. Just imagine say, a hundred to a thousand or larger numbers openly carrying handguns and maybe even..le gasps!, rifles! in public... in downtown LA!
They "may" finally get enough people to vote well but, it will most likely take a LOT more pain. There are millions of legal gun owners in that state. If they ever got together and voted as a block? They could scare hell out of law makers who have been hosing them.

Never say never ;) though. Just imagine say, a hundred to a thousand or larger numbers openly carrying handguns and maybe even..le gasps!, rifles! in public... in downtown LA!
I don't have to imagine it, there are news articles and videos of it happening from back in 1966/67

Which ironically is why we are having this discussion ;)

I don't have to imagine it, there are news articles and videos of it happening from back in 1966/67

Which ironically is why we are having this discussion ;)
Ironical-Usage-Meaning-Examples-in-a-Sentence-1024x478.png

(You don't have 5min to scan through it, but someone else has 10min to watch it and do a summary write up for those that can't be bothered?😁🤔)
The person who posted it surely watched it and could take less than a minute to at least say what the vid was about?

I have NO (as in zero/nada) idea what "Four Boxes Diner" means and the title of the vid helps very little.

The person who posted it surely watched it and could take less than a minute to at least say what the vid was about?

I have NO (as in zero/nada) idea what "Four Boxes Diner" means and the title of the vid helps very little.
Yep, my summation as well. Give me some idea of what the video is about and if it strikes an interest, I'll watch it. Just posting the name of the yootoob channel and a link doesn't peak my interest.

I don't expect someone to write a book report about it, but a simple, useable subject about the actual content of the video would go a LONG way.

I have some respect for the Armed Attorneys on YouTube, but most of the other channels in this genre too frequently put forth over-hyped clickbait titles that just end up diminishing any credibility they had. The substance of their story does not meet the urgency of the clickbait titles.
This guy is near the top of that list.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads