JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello Everyone!

I was reading through the FAQ at Oregon Firearm Federation and they had a link to this site, recommending it as a great place to find classified ads in Oregon for firearms. After joining the forum, I realize you guys are much more and work towards preserving our 2nd Amendment rights. I read through the site owner's mission statement and I have a lot of respect for his goals. I will be reading through the rules and make sure I don't violate any.

A little about myself... I am a Navy Veteran, served 6 years honorably, qualified expert pistol and rifle every time (I grew up with weapons), qualified on every weapon onboard, and later become a line coach, security team leader, and anti-terrorism instructor (collateral duty). While I do have some decent experience and competency with firearms, most of what I know is with what I used growing up or in the Navy and even then it was practical knowledge. I can break down an M-14 or M2-HB and put it back together again, but I couldn't give you any text book names for the components. I'm not an expert when it comes to weapons or ballistics. I am always happy to learn more though.

I recently submitted my application for my first Concealed Handgun License and am excited about getting it. I have a copy of my DD214 with Expert Pistol clearly listed on it and no criminal record, so I don't expect any problems getting approval. I will be looking for a good home defense shotgun and reliable pistol soon. I already wasted $250 on a junk shotgun from a licensed dealer and I will never make that mistake again. If I was back in the country where my Dad lives he could take me to some reputable gun sellers, but I'm still somewhat new to this area and don't know anyone. Obviously, my first choice was a bad one.

Safety is very important to me and I always follow all the rules my Dad taught me (and were reinforced in the Navy). You won't ever see me playing around with a weapon. "There is no such thing as an unloaded gun."

Happy to make your acquaintance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads