JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ive had quite a few makes and models of bolt 17hmr rifles. Savage, CZ, Rossi, and now Ruger. It would be hard to beat the Savage in accuracy (my persona experience) but loving this Ruger so far! The stock grip and trigger are the only downsides so changed the grip and think ill be doing the Timney drop in trig to lighten it up a bit.

ruger.jpg

Ive had quite a few makes and models of bolt 17hmr rifles. Savage, CZ, Rossi, and now Ruger. It would be hard to beat the Savage in accuracy (my persona experience) but loving this Ruger so far! The stock grip and trigger are the only downsides so changed the grip and think ill be doing the Timney drop in trig to lighten it up a bit.

View attachment 1490382
What is your most accurate ammo? My Savage prefers CCI 17 HMR with 20 grain FMJ.

I live in unleaded CA. I have found the CCI TnT and TnT Green both shoot to close enough to the same POA that I don't have to change scope settings when I switch. They are both favorites for squirrel shooting. DR

Nice rig you have there .... I just bought the same rifle but in 22 magnum .... I agree the grip and trigger need work so I am putting a Hogue on mine and did a trigger job myself by changing out the trigger spring ..... Stock pull was over 4 lbs now it's a sweet 2lbs 10 ozs .... Don't like threaded barrels so I cut off the threads and put an 11 degree target crown on her ..... I'm trying out putting the safety on the right and am liking it so far.
One thing I noticed was when I put it up to my shoulder the rear pad actually needs to be adjusted down not up so one only needs to take off the rear grip and mount it upside down and now you can move it down .... Haven't shot it yet and can't wait for April to get here in cold Illinois.

Nice rig you have there .... I just bought the same rifle but in 22 magnum .... I agree the grip and trigger need work so I am putting a Hogue on mine and did a trigger job myself by changing out the trigger spring ..... Stock pull was over 4 lbs now it's a sweet 2lbs 10 ozs .... Don't like threaded barrels so I cut off the threads and put an 11 degree target crown on her ..... I'm trying out putting the safety on the right and am liking it so far.
One thing I noticed was when I put it up to my shoulder the rear pad actually needs to be adjusted down not up so one only needs to take off the rear grip and mount it upside down and now you can move it down .... Haven't shot it yet and can't wait for April to get here in cold Illinois.
Yea I ended up cutting the trig spring and polishing a bit. Im probably under a lb at the moment.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR