JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Maybe they asked for a local LEA to go to your place and verify your identity with the neighbors ?

Naw, that part all happened over the course of 15ish minutes. It's more like they have it on some database and the TSA agent was relaying with someone on a computer cross-checking info.

You put up with that bubblegum?!

I was a kid, and really needed to get home.

But yes, acquiescing to power gives me a sick feeling in my stomach and puts fire in my veins. Unfortunately, I went along to get along.

I was a kid, and really needed to get home.

But yes, acquiescing to power gives me a sick feeling in my stomach and puts fire in my veins. Unfortunately, I went along to get along.

It might be just their most powerful enforcement method - factor of convenience. I made a few mistakes in my situation, and one of them was getting into a confrontation before reaching PDX. Luckily it didn't backfire, and I made my flight. But the next time I am to attempt something like that, it will be at the PDX only.

Found this post too :

KNIFE TRICKS: I Am Detained By The Feds For Not Answering Questions

KNIFE TRICKS: 10 Brief Responses To 700 Comments About Refusing To Answer Questions At Passport Control

nice quote too :

When it comes to rights, you don't know in advance what battle will be important. But you do know, based on history and human nature, that a right undefended will shrivel and die. If you don't fight for the small right, you won't be in a position to assert the large right.

Well, I've submitted a complaint to the CBP, I will update the thread when (if) I get a response.

Also found this :

A traveler may be referred to secondary inspection for reasons unrelated to CBP's priority*mission of keeping dangerous goods and dangerous people out of the U.S.*For example, clearance difficulties may result from a traveler's name and/or date of birth residing in state or local law enforcement agency databases. CBP does not have the authority to modify such records and must refer these travelers to secondary inspection.

http://www.dhs.gov/step-1-should-i-use-dhs-trip

I think if they asked me my sexual orrientation I would have to answer truthfully.

A modified Missionary with the occasional L shaped postition.

not to creative but we like it.

Good morning,

Thank you for contacting U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Please allow me to express regret for any conduct that may have been perceived as rude or unprofessional during CBP processing. CBP takes allegations of employee misconduct very seriously and has instituted policies pertaining to abuses of authority. Complaints of unprofessional conduct are recorded, investigated, and appropriate action is taken against CBP officers who are found to have violated policy. However, the Privacy Act prohibits any disclosure of discipline towards CBP personnel.

CBP is tasked with protecting our Nation's borders as well as enforcing numerous laws at our Nation's ports of entry on behalf of a variety of other Government agencies, including state and local law enforcement. CBP officers routinely access information provided by these agencies to conduct examinations. All international travelers attempting to enter the United States, including all U.S. citizens, are subject to examination upon each arrival into this country. Occasionally, CBP may inconvenience law-abiding persons in our efforts to detect, deter, and mitigate threats to our homeland caused by the few individuals who are involved in illicit activities. We rely on the patience, cooperation, and understanding of travelers to ensure the effective protection of our borders.

To keep our borders secure, we must inspect everyone who arrives at a U.S. port of entry. We pledge to treat you courteously and professionally. We do not assume that you have done anything wrong - because very few travelers actually violate the law. As part of your inspection, you may be asked questions on:

* Your citizenship,
* Personal history/background
* The nature of your trip, and
* Anything you are bringing back to the United States that you did not have with you when you left.

We may also examine your baggage, including electronic equipment, or your car, which we have the legal authority to do.

Upon arrival to the United States (U.S.), all persons requesting admission must be examined in order to determine identity and citizenship. The Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer may request specific, detailed information about your travel, may inspect your baggage, or may conduct a personal search. If you are subject to inspection, you should be treated in a courteous, dignified, and professional manner. However, please keep in mind that this is a law enforcement environment, and travelers who are intent on breaking the law will attempt to find out what the officer is doing in order to avoid detection. For this reason, our CBP officers may not answer specific questions about an examination that is underway. It is imperative that you understand that all travelers seeking admission to the U.S. are subject to inspection regardless of nationality or the number of times crossing the border. Failure to comply with the officer's requests or attempts to evade the officer's questions can result in a more intensive examination which would extend the time necessary to affect a traveler's admission into the U.S. Secondary inspections are utilized in order to either gain or confirm information pertaining to a person's reasons for traveling to or from the U.S.

The authority to delay and speak with travelers derives from statute and enables CBP to prevent the entry of persons who are inadmissible under the Immigration and Nationality Act, and to prevent the smuggling of merchandise, including narcotics and other contraband items, into the United States.

Speaking with travelers and examining merchandise coming into or leaving the United States are some of the ways we look for illegal or prohibited items, and to determine whether or not someone is trying to enter the U.S. for unlawful or fraudulent purposes. Unless exempt by diplomatic status, all travelers entering the United States, including U.S. citizens, participate in routine Customs processing.

At times, people make the mistake of thinking their civil rights are being violated by being asked questions about their trip, personal background and history, etc. That is not the case. Supreme Court decisions have upheld the doctrine that CBP's search authority is unique and does not violate the fourth amendment's protection against unreasonable searches and seizures.

The exact legal citation for our search authority can be found in Title 19 of the United States Code, Sections 482, 1467, 1496, 1581 and 1582.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we hope your future travels are more pleasant in nature.

Andrea
Complaints Officer

what a load of crap....

Just them saying "F you" in an I don't care you were violated response. I would have whipped out my Cell and taped the whole freaking thing and escalated at a later time to the ACLJ and the media. A crap storm would follow but disciplinary actions would not take place regardless....

fd15k - let it go.

You are picking battles that you cannot win. You perhaps have the illusion that you are 'free' in this surveillance state, or that you have real rights? Come on now. You are surely smarter than that.

Many people will argue that you have more chance of doing what you please in China. Many top business people (even pukes like Trump) have said that China is actually a better place to start a business or have basic freedoms to do what you want vs here, despite the whole 'freedoms' propaganda always being spewed forth.

Compare the below to the surveillance states like the USA, Great Britain, Israel. Control freak governments, fear mongering media.

Don't get me wrong. I love America. I just am not deluded about the reality of what is going on here.

Yahoo -

The Chinese state has yet to evolve a functional apparatus for collecting even basic information about its citizens. China remains overwhelmingly a cash-based society where tax evasion is routine. The government's own population figures may be off by more than 100 million, and other basic demographic data, such as the number of internal migrants, is even less reliable. The use of closed-circuit video surveillance, although on the rise, is minimal. As such, the image of a totalitarian regime vastly overstates the government's management capabilities. On the contrary, citizens can reduce their formal, day-to-day interactions with the state to almost zero, and many of the civil rights concerns associated with data digitalization in developed societies have yet to emerge in China.

Just them saying "F you" in an I don't care you were violated response. I would have whipped out my Cell and taped the whole freaking thing and escalated at a later time to the ACLJ and the media. A crap storm would follow but disciplinary actions would not take place regardless....

Recording in passport/customs area is strictly prohibited.

fd15k - let it go.

You are picking battles that you cannot win. You perhaps have the illusion that you are 'free' in this surveillance state, or that you have real rights? Come on now. You are surely smarter than that.

Well, at this point I just need a clear answer whether CBP can put me on the "no-fly" list for invoking the 5th. The complaint I have submitted was not about the fact I was subjected to the secondary screening, but for the threats of being put on that list. I have requested that they clarify whether such authority exists with CBP and whether it can be invoked in such situation.As you can see from their response, they mostly addressed the 4A issues, but they haven't addressed the 5A.

Well I have to say fd15k if just 10% of the populace was more like you, tyranny would fail. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Good luck with your endeavors.

As for the no-fly list question it is my understanding that people have been added to it for just arguing with sky whores (flight attendants) that complain to authorities upon arrival, so I don't think you have to do much to get on it. If you need to fly in your occupation I wouldn't risk it ... oh here I go again .... lol.

Gentlemen... I happen to be about as disgusted with modern law-enforcement, the TSA, and the fact that we live in the single most regulated society on the face of the planet, while priding ourselves on being the "land of the free," etc....

But border crossings are the only time I'm perfectly OK with encroachments on some individuals' sensibilities. We gripe about the goobermint not doing their job "protecting the borders," up until we're the one at the border. I'm personally perfect OK with checking and doublechecking everyone coming into this country. Once you're in, you MUST be assumed to be a law-abiding, free citizen of the United States- but the border is where real screening should take place.

Why are you complaining? They were doing what we ALL want them to do, for once.

Gentlemen... I happen to be about as disgusted with modern law-enforcement, the TSA, and the fact that we live in the single most regulated society on the face of the planet, while priding ourselves on being the "land of the free," etc....

+1

But border crossings are the only time I'm perfectly OK with encroachments on some individuals' sensibilities.

Like what ? I didn't even go into the 4A territory.

We gripe about the goobermint not doing their job "protecting the borders," up until we're the one at the border.

Right, because harassing US citizens coming from overseas by plane will keep 13 million illegal immigrants from walking across the border on land.

I'm personally perfect OK with checking and doublechecking everyone coming into this country. Once you're in, you MUST be assumed to be a law-abiding, free citizen of the United States- but the border is where real screening should take place.

Did I refuse to hand over my proof of citizenship and identity ? I did not. Did I complain about their ability to search my everything ? I did not.

Why are you complaining? They were doing what we ALL want them to do, for once.

You are wrong. I don't want them to do that. I want to be waved in once they see my US passport. I don't want to be answering questions about my personal stuff to maintain the "feel good security". I don't want to be threatened by the government officials for the legal actions I take.

Basically you can't be more wrong here by all standards - Conservative and Liberal alike.

Well I have to say fd15k if just 10% of the populace was more like you, tyranny would fail. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Good luck with your endeavors.

I have posted a follow-up question to the CBP specifically about 5A and "no-fly" list administration. Let's see if they're going to bubblegum us again :)

As for the no-fly list question it is my understanding that people have been added to it for just arguing with sky whores (flight attendants) that complain to authorities upon arrival, so I don't think you have to do much to get on it. If you need to fly in your occupation I wouldn't risk it ... oh here I go again .... lol.

There are a lot of different rumors about that thing. Lack of transparency powers it up. Supposedly there are only 10 thousand names on the list, with many being foreign nationals, I really doubt it's that easy to get on it. However, there is another list, which is significantly bigger - Terrorist Watch List. From what I understand, latter doesn't prevent people from flying, but results in harsher screening procedures. I don't care if they do that to me for doing the 5th, as long as I can fly at all :)

No Fly List - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

+1

Like what ? I didn't even go into the 4A territory.

Right, because harassing US citizens coming from overseas by plane will keep 13 million illegal immigrants from walking across the border on land.

Did I refuse to hand over my proof of citizenship and identity ? I did not. Did I complain about their ability to search my everything ? I did not.

You are wrong. I don't want them to do that. I want to be waved in once they see my US passport. I don't want to be answering questions about my personal stuff to maintain the "feel good security". I don't want to be threatened by the government officials for the legal actions I take.

Basically you can't be more wrong here by all standards - Conservative and Liberal alike.

Pieces of plastic and paper are not proof you're who is represented by them.

You're getting plenty of sympathy from these guys- don't worry about little ol' me. But I think this is basically the one time ruffling American citizens' feathers is OK. You're not on American soil, and you simply standing there claiming to be a regular law abiding American citizen is not proof that you are. A few questions matched against information they already have is not only reasonable, but it's pretty much the best way to ensure the highest level of accuracy in detecting no-gos.

Sorry... you're getting no sympathy from me, on this one.

Pieces of plastic and paper are not proof you're who is represented by them.

You're getting plenty of sympathy from these guys- don't worry about little ol' me. But I think this is basically the one time ruffling American citizens' feathers is OK. You're not on American soil, and you simply standing there claiming to be a regular law abiding American citizen is not proof that you are. A few questions matched against information they already have is not only reasonable, but it's pretty much the best way to ensure the highest level of accuracy in detecting no-gos.

Sorry... you're getting no sympathy from me, on this one.

Each CBP station is equipped with a passport scanner and a computer terminal. Once the passport is scanned, record appears on the screen for picture verification and flagging of known criminals/terrorists. I do not believe employment information is instantly available there for verification, but i am sure they can obtain it through IRS.

Now, i was not looking for anybody's sympathy really. This is just a sharing of experience thread. with a bit of political ideology discussion :)

You're right, I don't believe it happened either.

Really?

I believe it happened…

What he described is a prevailing attitude I see with government workers, they suffer from visions of grandeur. Having said that, be on alert for disgruntled stooges that couldn’t cope in the private sector working in what they perceive to be a position of authority.

A scary combination if they are confronted with reality; be prepared for the worst…

This is what happens to an intelligent, informed individual who sticks up for their so-called rights. Seriously, just give it a rest. You are living and functioning in a police state and hoping up and down about your rights.

Come on now, just realize that you are NOT free and be done with it. It is easier to understand the world around you when you come to terms with the fact that you are a slave.

First come to terms with that fact, and then if you are interested in acquiring more knowledge the rest of it will make more sense. Don't go through life under the delusion of being a free man. Please.

Decorated Marine Committed to Psych Ward for Facebook Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlOUXWQP-KM

"Please allow me to express regret for any conduct that may have been perceived as rude or unprofessional during CBP processing. CBP takes allegations of employee misconduct very seriously and has instituted policies pertaining to abuses of authority."

This has to be a joke.

"Please allow me to express regret for any conduct that may have been perceived as rude or unprofessional during CBP processing. CBP takes allegations of employee misconduct very seriously and has instituted policies pertaining to abuses of authority."

This has to be a joke.
what? this threads 10 years dead... we gonna need some context

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR