JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If someone has ALL the specs and the equipment they could turn out a completed gun but they would also need all the internal parts. With all that they still would need a slide, barrel etc. I used to keep one on my desk at the Detonics .45 Associates plant in Bellevue as a paper weight.:)

Yeah of course there are a lot of parts needed for a complete 1911 but since the frame is the part that has the ser# it could be made into a homemade firearm for the maker. I know guys are doing it for Glocks and ARs, but a 1911 is an entirely different animal

The difference between a 5% frame casting and an 80% is a lot of machining and a lot of specialized tools. I have seen the bare forging before but they sold cheap and not many were standing in line to get them. I believe Sarco sold them. If it were mine it would be a paper weight. DR

A forging and a casting are two very different things.........in any event, if you have the tools and equipment (mill, Lathe, and more) to finish it.......you could build one out of a block of steel.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top