JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If someone has ALL the specs and the equipment they could turn out a completed gun but they would also need all the internal parts. With all that they still would need a slide, barrel etc. I used to keep one on my desk at the Detonics .45 Associates plant in Bellevue as a paper weight.:)

Yeah of course there are a lot of parts needed for a complete 1911 but since the frame is the part that has the ser# it could be made into a homemade firearm for the maker. I know guys are doing it for Glocks and ARs, but a 1911 is an entirely different animal

The difference between a 5% frame casting and an 80% is a lot of machining and a lot of specialized tools. I have seen the bare forging before but they sold cheap and not many were standing in line to get them. I believe Sarco sold them. If it were mine it would be a paper weight. DR

A forging and a casting are two very different things.........in any event, if you have the tools and equipment (mill, Lathe, and more) to finish it.......you could build one out of a block of steel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top