JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well..I carry for a number of reasons.. Most of my experience has been in Executive Protection..and other high risk areas..most recently with the Department of Homeland Security on an assignment in the City of Portland..

I've been shot several times..over the course of the years..and like to be able to shoot back..

Basically though..as many of you have stated here..there are just too many acts of violence out there..and I feel it's incumbent on me..to protect myself..family..and innocent victims from same..

My motto (one of many..by the way) is "When seconds count..the Police are only minutes away"..

One thing I firmly believe..however..is this.. If you can't say..with 99.9999% certainty..that you could take a life..to defend yours..or another's..please..sell that weapon to someone.. (Preferrably me..)

Last Edited:
Currently I do not carry. I am planning on taking my certification class soon and will apply for my permit.

I will admit I struggle just a touch with carrying. Not because I would have the slightest issue "resolving" an issue if need be, but because I perhaps feel safer than I should. At the end of the day, I am choosing to get my permit because it is a right that we have in this country. I want it to continue to be available to us and generations to come.

Will I end up carrying once I have my permit? Most likely, but not in all scenarios. When you actually see or hear of issues coming about close to home, then you feel your safety net slowly disappearing. I am thankful that has not been my scenario.

because i don't wish to be like my brother in law who upon arriving hofound a strange truck in his drive and when he parked behind it the guy came out of his house and demanded he move the truck so he could leave then his pardner came out armed and brother in law had to move his truck and let them leave, he got the number of the stolen plate for the cops. Ever happens here there will be two bodies attached to the stolen plate.

I carry because it's my right, and I've always carried, and I'm well trained and experiened.it's just like having a fire extinguisher...You're glad you have it, but hope you never have to use it...because when you need it, and don't have it, you sing a different tune!:gun14:

I carry for two huge reasons.

No harm shall come to these while I am still breathing

josh.jpg

Picture279.jpg

I carry because I have a wife, 2 daughters and a grand-daughter that I want to protect. I work in Law Enforcement and see the bad in society that many don't know is there. I spent 21 years serving my country in the military and have seen some of the worst environments the world has to offer and have the scars, both emotional and physical, to show for it. I do not take the responsibilty of carrying lightly.

I carry because I have been in situations where, if I had not been, they would have turned out much worse. These were in the Military, but they made me realize that bad things can happen anytime.
I have also noticed that I don't let things get to me when I'm carrying. Just not worth it to esclate matters such as being cut off in traffic.

Thank you for your service guys! I am a LEGAL immigrant to the US, and appreciate the sacrafices others have made to provide us with the rights we take for granted today. Carrying concealed is not only a right, it is a privilege. A privilege that would cost me $300 more than a US citizen. I am still putting together the funds to do that. I have worked various jobs around law enforcement, and have several not so happy customers. Strange, I can work as Armed security, but I can't carry conceal unless I pay the extra $300, oh well! Atleast, I can write this freely, and stand proud as an American--one day soon! (as soon as I get my citizenship paperwork)

Thank you for your service guys! I am a LEGAL immigrant to the US, and appreciate the sacrafices others have made to provide us with the rights we take for granted today. Carrying concealed is not only a right, it is a privilege. A privilege that would cost me $300 more than a US citizen. I am still putting together the funds to do that. I have worked various jobs around law enforcement, and have several not so happy customers. Strange, I can work as Armed security, but I can't carry conceal unless I pay the extra $300, oh well! Atleast, I can write this freely, and stand proud as an American--one day soon! (as soon as I get my citizenship paperwork)

Where are you from?

Bad people are like lions that feed off the other animals. They pick the weakest for their victims. I am not a victim.

jj

Excellent way to put it. Here are not only a few reasons why I carry, but why I have a firearm. Me and my wife are expecting. I have shown my wife how to use a firearm do defend herself and the future baby. It is funny, this is the first time I have posted on this thread and I can't help but think about the video someone posted (and thanks whoever it was) about the lady that was raped and five days later he came back and to try it again. Thank God she armed herself. My comments probably don't make sense, but I just wish that some people would not look at what guns are capable of doing, but also what guns are capable of preventing as well. I am 100% with Joey about thanking God every day about our priviledge to carry in this state (I think that is what you said:)). Anyways, if I said something out of line let me know:s0155:

In 6 months when I can carry, I plan to for the same general reasons as everyone else. To use and preserve rights for our kids and to protect myself from dangerous situations.
I'm a fairly small and young girl, with a toddler. I would suspect that I'm the description of vulnerability in a criminal's eyes.
Also, when I was 17 and pregnant, a man came into my store and robbed a co-worker and I with a knife. She was behind the counter helping him, however I was about 3 feet away rolling up our entry carpets. Thankfully, he demanded, got the money and was gone (crackhead!). Had a situation arose, I would be very happy to have been carrying if I could have.
Better prepared than sorry later! Until I'm 21, concealed pepper spray it is!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews