JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All,
If there is already a thread on this topic, PLEASE help point me in the right direction.

I've had my SCAR 16s for a couple of years now. In some ways, it is the best rifle I've ever owned. In some ways, it is the worst. Take the trigger for example. The first trigger in my scar was merely "OK". It worked. But as time went on, over the first six months of my ownership, it developed a nasty habit of firing multiple rounds with a single pull of the trigger. As cool as it sounds, that is not a feature I am interested in. So... I sent the rifle back to FN, who installed a new trigger in the rifle. I got the rifle back, and indeed, it no longer fired multiple rounds on a single pull, but now it feels like sandpaper. I explored aftermarket triggers and, based on the pull weight of it, purchased and installed a Geissele two-stage trigger. The Geissele trigger has a 2.5 lb pull on each of it's two stages, for a combined 5 lb pull. I had looked at the Timney model, but it had a non-adjustable pull of 3 lbs.

I did not think this through very well. For all practical purposes, the Geissele is really a 2.5 lb pull trigger. You squeeze to feel that first stop, then pull.

A SCAR is a battle rifle, pure and simple. I never ever want to have to use it for it's intended purpose, but if I did have to rely on it, I would much prefer to have a 4.5 to 5 lb single stage trigger. Something I have to squeeze with intention. A lightweight trigger on a battle rifle is useless, in my opinion, unless you just want to sit and plink. So, my question comes down to this: Since the (known) aftermarket trigger alternatives are apparently all light in pull weight, does anybody know of a way to clean up the factory trigger to smooth it out and make it usable? I want the magic of a nice clean, crisp (but firm) trigger in this rifle. How do I get it?

Thanks, in advance, for your ideas.

Polish all the known contact points to mirror smoothness to remove the "grit" feel. Avoid filing with anything but a very, very, fine file, or a wet stone for sharpening knives, while maintaining the same plane on flat surfaces on the trigger.

There has to be videos out there on Youtube for the best way to accomplish what needs to be done.

I highly suggest you watch several before moving forward.

Polish all the known contact points to mirror smoothness to remove the "grit" feel. Avoid filing with anything but a very, very, fine file, or a wet stone for sharpening knives, while maintaining the same plane on flat surfaces on the trigger.

There has to be videos out there on Youtube for the best way to accomplish what needs to be done.

I highly suggest you watch several before moving forward.

Thanks, 2A2Dend. I think this will be my "Plan B". I'm going to contact Bill Springfield, as eightyeight mag has recommended. Knowing how finicky the factory SCAR triggers are, I'm guessing I'll save more money in the long run by just going ahead and having him work on it. Thanks for your ideas. I will watch the videos anyway, just so I have a better idea of what the trigger currently lacks. A brief search on Youtube reveals no SCAR specific trigger videos, other than changing out to another trigger which, of course, I've already done.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top