JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw it on top shot and I instantly felt the need to own one. Any draw backs to this gun any of you know of besides the 1k price tag? Ammo is fairly cheap and readily avaliable so I thought this would be a neat gun to add to the collection.

I have seen one or two indoor ranges that prohibit its use. I was told that the high velocity round penetrates/damages the backstop.
That tells me that extra care might need to be taken on what is behind your target in the case of home defense etc...
I wouldn't mind adding one to my safe though.

Check out Elite Ammunition's website. They offer a variety of ammo, accuracy upgrades, night sights, holsters that will accommodate lights/cans/optics. It is no longer a $1000 pistol. Someone here listed a link to a $699 new price a while back.

If you are into red dots, the Burris Fastfire II can be mounted. I like it a lot because the 5.7 can shoot long distances, but the factory sights are not so accurate for me. With the Burris, it is more surgical.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one and sold it after several trips to the range. The price tag is pretty high for a gun that is made mainly of plastic. My buddy bought it from me and he loves it, however he also has the little FN carbine in the same caliber.

It is also easy to throw an AR57 upper (about $575) onto your lower for 5.7 long gun shooting vs shelling out for a PS90 carbine. I would love to have a PS90 SBR tri-rail at some point though.

My buddy bought his PS90 Secret Service model w/ CDNN was blowing them out for $1100 w/ free shipping and 5 magazines. I should have followed his lead, live and learn.

I took a look at the uppers down at Rainier Arms a few weeks ago. At some point it might be fun to put one together, but I'm not sure what I'd get from it over a PS90.

Funny how the 5.7's get interest after shows like that. A buddy of mine sent me a text yesterday telling me that he decided he wants a FiveSeven. I asked him if he wanted to shoot mine first. The responses were angry after that.

AR57 over a PS90; lower cost, familiar platform, AR training tool, more accessory/mod options. Still want both though :)

Having 50 rounds of 5.7 in a failure-free AR; less jams/etc than most .223 ARs; never had one FTF; FTE, etc. Less recoil; for a lightweight person, female - ideal AR also. Many .22 suppressors will work also.

I have one with the Veridian green laser/ tac light. Love it. I was just at the opening of the new Cabellas and saw they stocked 500 rd. ammo cans for $229. Gonna wait for it to go on sale!

^ NICE.

I want to pick up a 5.7 pistol eventually, and possibly a ps90 if i can find a deal like that lol.

Funny about the women and AR57 comment - my wife rocks an AR57, and weilds it with a fair amount of precision with peep sights.

The only drawback on SS198 is you have to buy 2000 rounds at a time. That's more than I need. I only wanted about 500. I thought I would be able to sell about half at a small profit. Not really the case.

PS90 for $799.00? That explains why people want $1100-$1200 for one used on this forum :(. Must be the 'no paperwork, convenience, hard to get' thing. Kind of hard to believe though when a web search of dealers show a minimum price of $1300.00. Leo discount I understand, but not 40%.