JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So for anyone who remembers my hammer spring for the High Standard R-109 22lr was fairly well used and caused 1-2 misfires a cylinder from a lack of power. Being unable to find another one in stock anywhere online and washers not being an option because of the super tight fit where the spring and rod are....I designed and 3d printed some spacers perfectly fit to compress the spring! It's a pretty hard pull at the moment so I could probably ditch one of them (I added 3 that are 2mm tall each) but I'm satisfied that I might have fixed my misfire issues. Gotta go test it at the range but we will see.
20180727_235946.jpg 20180728_001828.jpg

Not to derail the awesome job you did, but what type of 3D printer are you using? I've been thinking of getting one, but which one? Everyone claims theirs is the best.

Do you like yours? Goods? Bads?

Should this be the start of a new thread titled "3D Printers"?

Not to derail the awesome job you did, but what type of 3D printer are you using? I've been thinking of getting one, but which one? Everyone claims theirs is the best.

Do you like yours? Goods? Bads?

Should this be the start of a new thread titled "3D Printers"?
Using a new one called the Creality CR-10. Does a pretty good job, uses PLA material. Decent sized build area. No real down sides to report from what I have seen. Look around on Youtube for some reviews if you want additional input, I have nothing bad to say about it though :D

Thank you. A friend of mine has a Form 2 and absolutely loves it. It prints so awesome! But that is a little too rich for my blood.

I'm always asking people about theirs. Thanks for the input!

I know nothing about 3d printing. So this question is based on my ignorance. How do you think that this part would hold up to a metal piece or mim equivalent. Would you trust the 3d printed part on dedicated self defense firearm.

I know nothing about 3d printing. So this question is based on my ignorance. How do you think that this part would hold up to a metal piece or mim equivalent. Would you trust the 3d printed part on dedicated self defense firearm.
Given how small the part is and enormous pressure it must be under while compressed I would not trust it with my life. I have no reason to see why it would break and I dont anticipate having to replace it but its still plastic.

Not even close, it's plastic. 3D printers have their place, but load bearing stuff isn't it. It's part of why i'm LMO over the whole blueprints screaming going on right now, not one reporter actually understands any of it.

This particular part causes no issues if it breaks while operating. Worst case I get a light strike like before and a primer fails to go off. For just blasting ammo it's more of just an annoyance if it breaks. I have about 50 rounds into it now but I'll try a test sometime if a few hundred to see if it can hold up. From what I have seen so far I expect it will, might replace the separate rings with a single similar dimensions piece for strength.

I am one who likes metal and am not a fan of polymer so I really am not that keen on printed guns and parts so far. I see that this printing is in its infancy so I am going to and just sick back and watch. Nothing is unbreakable and some methods are better than others. To me this is a non event other than to p1ss of the anti's.

that's really cool!
I'm wondering if PLA will stand up to the spring over time or heat without squishing when subjected to the constant spring pressure .
Even so, still is an excellent tool as it would definitely last long enough to answer misfire or required spacing questions which if resolved, you could make permanent ones out of brass or steel flat stock and some mini files without having to trial and error the elbow work.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top