JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am about to start my wait time for my suppressor stamp. Should give me plenty of time to think this over but I figure if I start asking now I'll get more info.
Looking to have my 300 blackout 8.5" barrel pistol fitted with a QD suppressor. The handguard I have now is 9" and fits about and inch over the flash can up front. It will NOT fit over a 1.5" diameter suppressor. My choices are to get a new handguard that either a) has a wider opening to fit over the suppressor b) Is short enough to not cross over the suppressor OR.... I could have the current handguard professionally cut back to where I need it and potentially save some cost.

Does anyone have suggestions about this and/or know someone who can do modifications like this if necessary 20171120_160105.jpg 20171120_160049.jpg ?

I've got that same type on my AAC SDN-6 can.
The last thing you want is not having anyway to release the ratchet if it's buried down inside a free float hand guard, no matter how cool it looks.

I've got that same type on my AAC SDN-6 can.
The last thing you want is not having anyway to release the ratchet if it's buried down inside a free float hand guard, no matter how cool it looks.
I hear what you're saying. It does look cool but it also gives more to grab up front and potential for longer sight radius. Not that it matters all that much on a pistol build. So I would be left then figuring out a handguard that runs as close as possible to the silencer or else find somebody who can cut this one back.

I think you are better off just buying a new 8" handguard.
I agree although I want the suppressor to butt up against the rail. Worried that it won't fit once you subtract the threading from the 8.5" barrel.. And at the same time want to avoid a gap. I see a lot of examples of good fitment out there and have always wondered if they just got lucky or did some amount of fitting

I think most of the ones that are fitted right up against the rail are screw on silencers. You really cant do it with a QD. I know I cant with my Specwar. No problem with my SIG screw on can.

You have to be able to access the latching mechanism. Its really the only time screw on's make sense IMHO.

I hear what you're saying. It does look cool but it also gives more to grab up front and potential for longer sight radius. Not that it matters all that much on a pistol build. So I would be left then figuring out a handguard that runs as close as possible to the silencer or else find somebody who can cut this one back.

Hand guards over suppressors look good, but function wise is something else. Cans get very hot and that makes the rails heat up. You won't want to be grabbing anything that's over the can.

Here my 10.5" SBR with an SLR rail and SDN6. There's maybe 1/32nd between the rail and can. Even then if I'm doing a lot of shooting or taking a high round count class, the rail warms up quite a bit. 2F2B29E3-0807-4CCD-9D86-0505A24DFB06.jpeg D9ACF6B8-ABB0-4C4D-8215-00F8E0227306.jpeg

Last Edited:
Hand guards over suppressors look good, but function wise is something else. Cans get very hot and that makes the rails heat up. You won't want to be grabbing anything that's over the can.

Here my 10.5" SBR with an SLR rail and SDN6. There's maybe 1/32nd between the rail and can. Even then if I'm doing a lot of shooting or taking a high round count class, the rail warms up quite a bit. View attachment 407441 View attachment 407440
That's EXACTLY the fit I'm going for. How long is the rail? I'm actually thinking of keeping my 9"rail and ordering a 10.5" barrel. I can pick up a ballistic advantage barrel for under $130 right now on black Friday special. I like the idea of having 9" of rail anyways whereas 7" seems a little short for grabbing.

I understand the rail will still heat up. I'm going to run rail protectors and I use tactical gloves. Maybe I'm a wuss, maybe smart? Haha

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top