JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I want to compete in long range shooting competitions.
600 yard discipline at tri county. Sherwood. http://www.tcgc.org/ The competitions are listed.

You need scooped rifle that is supersonic at 600. 308 is common. Some .223 is ok but marginal given the winds there. I shoot 6mmbr or 260AI.

If you don't have a rifle yet come out and ask people what they are shooting and how they are loading. There is a huge amount to learn.

The summer league runs from May to end of August.

Last Edited:
IMHO the best intro competition is speed steel as there is no movement and you can usually shoot anything from 22lr through any handgun caliber gun including rifles.

But no matter what, get out there and have some fun!

This.

Even if you are going to compete for F-Class, getting used to range officers, rules, proximity, etc., takes a little time and Steel is a (if not the) way to get used to all that.

If you are not having fun, then what's the point?

Absolute noob here, please be gentle.

I'm trying to make the move from "messing around at the range" to "training in a direction" and as much as I hate competitions I know that competing is the only way to really improve.

So I'm looking for practical shooting competitions in the Willamette Valley (I live in Salem).

I honestly don't really know how IPSC, IDPA, and others differ.

I figure this is a good thing - I'm open to everything. I'll try a few and see what suits me best.

Can someone point me to a place that aggregates matches in the area?

Thanks!
(anyone got some used holster/belts/pouches they want to sell?)
Practical rifle at TCGC is fun. 3 gun matches at Douglas are also very friendly to new shooters.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top