JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went out to a clear cut on Friday with a young guy who purchased a AR 15 from me a few years ago. First we practiced some carry hand guns then plinked with AR 15's a bit at 70 yards. Next we set up a paper target and shot with my CZ 455 Precision Varmint at 145 yards. Lots of wind and mirage at 20 power but we got some good hits. Then we set up a gong at 275 and shot at a steep downward angle. We used my Daniel Defense since it has a 5x scope on it at the moment. It didn't require any hold off for wind at all and was easy to hit. So the young guy, who has been a horrible shot says, " I'm gonna try the jug". I left a half gallon, water filled jug down there. He center punched it. Next we picked a football sized rock at 445 yards. I pop off a few and find the hold. After giving the dope he hit it on his first try !

Well I'm in the process of building one This photo just the upper is what I'm building.
At this point 18 inch 223 Wyled and I got a different stock and lower and a scope.i hope it will be a 400 yard shooter but we will see IMG_20180609_112957.jpg IMG_20180508_110347.jpg the lower in the picture is from my 300 blk I just put the upper on it to see how it looks

The far end of that clear cut is about 725 yards. I had to go in the middle and laze in both directions to get that. I have a few rifles with longer legs than my .223's. The best one still needs a scope. I think my next try out there will be with my .308. Shooting it makes gauging the wind important. I also hope to use the CZ .22 LR much further. I only have 100 rounds through it so far. My CZ 452 Sporter did well at 220 yards.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top