JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a number of handguns in 9mm, rifles in 308 and 556. I am interested in getting my first can and I'm looking for suggestions around these applications.

I may be leaning toward QD cans to share amongst rifles and pistols.

Any suggestions for 308/9mm cans to check out based on features, build quality, and suppression(dB reduction)?

I guess to add I don't mess with short barreled rifles at this time and don't really have a desire to.

All my rifles sport 16", or longer, barrels. I think my BCM recce has a 14.5" with pinned muzzle device tho.

You won't want to share between rifles and pistols. I think I'm most cases you can't anyway. The pistol mounts are more complex.

Get a 30cal can, then you can swap between rifle platforms. Find something full auto rated for durability and your good to go.

I've got a Deadair sandman that I use on 4 different rifles in 6.8 and 30 cal.
My silencerco Hybred gets used on 9mm rifle and pistol and .44 mag rifle and with an adaptor it will work with my Deadair muzzle brakes.

You won't want to share between rifles and pistols. I think I'm most cases you can't anyway. The pistol mounts are more complex.

Get a 30cal can, then you can swap between rifle platforms. Find something full auto rated for durability and your good to go.

This. Get something nice, don't bargain shop. Ideally from an established local dealer so you have someone to go to for parts and service.

If you want to suppress a handgun get a 22 can, you won't regret it.

The idea of "ONE" can to do everything is novel, in reality the "do-everything" cans cost more (all the needed attachments) and don't perform as well as the purpose built suppressors.

Get a 30 cal rifle can.
Get a 45 cal pistol can.
Get a rimfire can.

That should cover 99% of all the guns you own or shoot short of a shotgun or ridiculous sized rifles.

I got a "do it all" can for my first. It sparked something. Now I have a can for each caliber. Quieter. Less weight and length. Ect. But my buddy has the silencerco hybrid. I have the mystic x. Both work on a ton of calibers. Both awesome. If I did it again, I'd get the hybrid. Then go from there again. All over ;)

Last Edited:
The idea of "ONE" can to do everything is novel, in reality the "do-everything" cans cost more (all the needed attachments) and don't perform as well as the purpose built suppressors.

Get a 30 cal rifle can.
Get a 45 cal pistol can.
Get a rimfire can.

That should cover 99% of all the guns you own or shoot short of a shotgun or ridiculous sized rifles.
It's all personal preference. I have one can I use for my ruger MK II , my kids two- .22 rifles, my wife's bolt action .223 and of course our 5.56 AR platforms, but I use a different can for my .308.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top