Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

First can suggestions?

MrRob96

Reactions
I have a number of handguns in 9mm, rifles in 308 and 556. I am interested in getting my first can and I'm looking for suggestions around these applications.

I may be leaning toward QD cans to share amongst rifles and pistols.

Any suggestions for 308/9mm cans to check out based on features, build quality, and suppression(dB reduction)?

OP
MrRob96

MrRob96

Reactions
I guess to add I don't mess with short barreled rifles at this time and don't really have a desire to.

All my rifles sport 16", or longer, barrels. I think my BCM recce has a 14.5" with pinned muzzle device tho.

Reno

Reactions
silencerco hybrid

Reactions
You won’t want to share between rifles and pistols. I think I’m most cases you can’t anyway. The pistol mounts are more complex.

Get a 30cal can, then you can swap between rifle platforms. Find something full auto rated for durability and your good to go.

User 1234

Reactions
Check SilencerShop for factory rebates and sales. Rugged Razor is a good option. If you are military then some manufacturers offer discounts.

Twodogs

Reactions
I've got a Deadair sandman that I use on 4 different rifles in 6.8 and 30 cal.
My silencerco Hybred gets used on 9mm rifle and pistol and .44 mag rifle and with an adaptor it will work with my Deadair muzzle brakes.

Reactions
You won’t want to share between rifles and pistols. I think I’m most cases you can’t anyway. The pistol mounts are more complex.

Get a 30cal can, then you can swap between rifle platforms. Find something full auto rated for durability and your good to go.
This. Get something nice, don't bargain shop. Ideally from an established local dealer so you have someone to go to for parts and service.

If you want to suppress a handgun get a 22 can, you won't regret it.

Reactions
The idea of "ONE" can to do everything is novel, in reality the "do-everything" cans cost more (all the needed attachments) and don't perform as well as the purpose built suppressors.

Get a 30 cal rifle can.
Get a 45 cal pistol can.
Get a rimfire can.

That should cover 99% of all the guns you own or shoot short of a shotgun or ridiculous sized rifles.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online