JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Love their stuff, installed on a AR-10 with ACOG, perfect co-witness, and rock solid adjustments that track exactly with the optic, making return to zero a snap! Now, they need to do a low pro version for shotguns and other rifle types, even bolt actions would really rock with these!
Best irons on the market.

I still don't know if I need high or low profile front sight 🤷
Post a picture of your set up. If you're running a standard carrying handle the scalarworks front sight would work fine.

I run a scalarworks rear with my standard FSP (front sight post).

This gun , this rear carry handle, and front sit will be rail mounted. So high or low? I'm assuming low profile? Gun not here it's still in i1639 jail, , 8 more days 🙄

Screenshot_20220324-081038-331.png Screenshot_20220323-192146-211.png

Without you stating the make/model of the rifle, I can only go by the picture you posted. It appears to be a "low" railed gas block, meaning the front sight would have to be a "high". Some sights previously mentioned would not work. Here is a picture of a rifle with a "high", or receiver height, railed gas block:
sw-10159.jpg

Simply the best.

@KCKracker - I'm about to part out this upper: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/20-prs-dmr-ar-upper.407417/ - shoot me a message if you want the sights.
These are great sights, but may not work for the OP. I can not see the pics he/she posted in the OP

Normal AR sights are 1.42" +/- to the center of the rear aperture, with the front sight matching that. Exceptions include front sights specific for some railed gas blocks. Some HK's and Sigs will usually have lower ones. Which rifle do you have?
Without you stating the make/model of the rifle, I can only go by the picture you posted. It appears to be a "low" railed gas block, meaning the front sight would have to be a "high". Some sights previously mentioned would not work. Here is a picture of a rifle with a "high", or receiver height, railed gas block:
View attachment 1162859
^^^This is solid info, heed it.

First thing, if you have this type of gas block put a magnet to it, if it does not attract it is aluminum and complete, utter garbage, replace it. If it is steel, you'll need confirm the height as mentioned by @msgriff to ensure yo get the proper front sight.

This gun , this rear carry handle, and front sit will be rail mounted. So high or low? I'm assuming low profile? Gun not here it's still in i1639 jail, , 8 more days 🙄

View attachment 1162766 View attachment 1162767
OK I can see these and looks to me like that is a low rail, in which case you would need a sight of this height...
https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/Flip-Up-Front-Sight-Gas-Block-Mount-Model-p/mctar-ffg-blk.htm
rather than one of this height...
https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/Flip-Up-Front-Sight-Handguard-Rail-Model-p/mctar-ffr-blk.htm

It is not "Skirting the law", it is 100% legit and I am blown away more people do not do it to save on the excise tax alone.
I literally just asked two ffls on Wednesday if they would be willing to do that and they boldly said hell no that's illegal. Then I felt like an idiot because I kept reading on here about people doing that so I figured it was worth an ask I got shut down real fast.

I literally just asked two ffls on Wednesday if they would be willing to do that and they boldly said hell no that's illegal. Then I felt like an idiot because I kept reading on here about people doing that so I figured it was worth an ask I got shut down real fast.
That's why you buy the lower. And then build.

That's because they want to sell you what they have. They is nothing illegal about buy this complete lower...
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...receiver-w-bcmgunfighter-stock-prod83804.aspx
and sending to your FFL.
Then buy the upper of your choice and sending it to your front door.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top