JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been thinking of bring him my SAR-1 for the same treatment.
@Velzey has the SAR-1 currently, he is threading the barrel and adding a muzzle device pin. I never shot it cause it was too nice but after these mods, its going to be well-loved.
I'll post photos when I get it back.
If you or anyone else is looking to sell one id love to pick one up after this deployment

Get wasr and lots of ammo.

If you just want one to beat around, you can get by with most (stay away from the CAA imports, though. Unless you like magwells widened with dremels...). You can get a nice Cho-build locally for under 2K. Billy used to work with Jim Fuller, and their AKM builds are top notch.

That or get a RD build. You can find them under 2K.
Outdated info. Wasrs don't need dremel anymore. Only the early 10/63s.

Why spend 2k on an AK, unless you're into Classic Arms..which you might be. They'rere work horses. It's the only gun that I own that I'm not worried about cleaning when I get home from the desert. You could piss on it, run it over, bury it in the sand, dig it up 5 years later and run 500rnds through it dry...it would still go "boom" every time you pulled the trigger. I vote AMD 63/65. Truck, brush, home defense gun, good for 3" groups at 100yrds after a couple beers. I have a couple AKs. This one(AMD-65) ran me about $600 after the fancy furniture.

Attachments

• 20190530_133028~3.jpg
    20190530_133028~3.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 136
Why spend 2k on an AK, unless you're into Classic Arms..which you might be. They'rere work horses. It's the only gun that I own that I'm not worried about cleaning when I get home from the desert. You could piss on it, run it over, bury it in the sand, dig it up 5 years later and run 500rnds through it dry...it would still go "boom" every time you pulled the trigger. I vote AMD 63/65. Truck, brush, home defense gun, good for 3" groups at 100yrds after a couple beers. I have a couple AKs. This one(AMD-65) ran me about $600 after the fancy furniture.
Truth.

got one for $600 lol?

I bought a WASR, some better replacement wood (Century puts cheap quality wood on there when they import them), some magazines and a crapload of 7.62. I've been shooting the hell of this thing and love it! This weekend is the AKFiles PNW meet so I'm looking forward to that and shooting with other AK guys.

I bought a WASR, some better replacement wood (Century puts cheap quality wood on there when they import them), some magazines and a crapload of 7.62. I've been shooting the hell of this thing and love it! This weekend is the AKFiles PNW meet so I'm looking forward to that and shooting with other AK guys.

Can you point me to some info on the meet? Thanks!

Can you point me to some info on the meet? Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top