JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can anyone recommend a firearms training source, in SW metro Portland, Beaverton area?

Wife would like to learn 'from scratch' from a professional.

Frog.

I work for a veteran owned organization that does this. We teach mostly combat skills, like room clearing, convoy security, and PSD. But, we have a guy who also teaches just regular shooting skills to use at the range.

If you would like, I could give you his number. His name is Matt Hutchins, and has been at it for twelve years now. :)

I work for a veteran owned organization that does this. We teach mostly combat skills, like room clearing, convoy security, and PSD. But, we have a guy who also teaches just regular shooting skills to use at the range.

If you would like, I could give you his number. His name is Matt Hutchins, and has been at it for twelve years now. :)

Thanks wakejoe,

She has no firearms experience at all. She doesn't (won't) even touch my guns. Anyway, basic firearms safety would likely be what she would need first, just so she is comfortable handling the gun.

And on the other hand, I'd be interested in the learning skills pertaining to home protection.

Frog.

Don't forget to check out the forum sponsor Oregon Firearms Academy. Excellent place to train, and their Basic Handgun Safety Course sounds like it's right up your wife's alley.

My wife just went through the Beginners course at Clackamas County Public Safety Training Center "PSTC" near Clackamas Town Center.
Karl is a good instructor who conducts an interesting class. Jude & John give a good ratio of staff to students, everyone seems to be well taken care of.
There were several women in the class and my wife felt comfortable in all the paheses of beginning gun handling...There are several levels to develop more skills there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top