JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've never had to return a firearm for service.

Was just wondering:

Does it have to be returned to purchaser/owner through FFL each time?

If so; are warranties now garbage in states passing weapons bans? Because the FFL couldn't release it to you right? Or is it in the grandfathering?

It may vary depending on the manufacturer, type of firearm and the state where the individual lives. I recently returned a Ruger pistol to them from my home using a prepaid shipping label they provided and the gun was shipped directly to my house when repairs were complete.

Good question. I've returned two Kimbers and an S&W before UPS and FedEx became woke. Each time the manufacturer sent me a label, dropped it off and it was sent back to me directly. Don't know how the two aforementioned shipping companies are doing it now since they will not allow us regular (no FFL) folk to even send a set of scope rings (if we answer their questions accurately :cool: )

Does it have to be returned to purchaser/owner through FFL each time?
Nope. Not in Oregon anyways. Warranty work is an exception in the BGC laws. The gun manufacturer will just ship it to your home (signature required) when they are done fixing it.

I recently sent a S&W EZ back due to a failure. I was sent a prepaid shipping label

to print out and attach. The label address read SAW plus the address. An attempt

I assume to keep the contents from being tempting. They further ask that the box

be wrapped in a fashion that would not cause notice there was a firearm inside.

In other words wrapped in plain brown paper. And, the label they sent was FedEx.

The gun was not repairable as it had blown up in my hands. So I made arrange-

ments with a gunsmith for the replacement to be sent to. It all went without a hitch.

I recently sent a S&W EZ back due to a failure. I was sent a prepaid shipping label

to print out and attach. The label address read SAW plus the address. An attempt

I assume to keep the contents from being tempting. They further ask that the box

be wrapped in a fashion that would not cause notice there was a firearm inside.

In other words wrapped in plain brown paper. And, the label they sent was FedEx.

The gun was not repairable as it had blown up in my hands. So I made arrange-

ments with a gunsmith for the replacement to be sent to. It all went without a hitch.
Gunsmith being an FFL?

I've sent firearms to several manufacturers for warranty repairs the last 10 or so years (S&W, Ruger, Henry, CZ, Remington). In all cases, they sent me a shipping label for FedEx or UPS, I packaged it per their instructions and dropped it at a hub (not the retail FedEx or UPS stores, or pick up at my residence), and the guns arrived safely for the work. They sent them back to me, and I either received them at my residence (typically signature/show of ID required) or I directed for them to be held for my pickup at the hub (if I was not able to receive at home when traveling, etc.)

Ive sent a warranty back thru a fed ex in a strip mall, looked like a regular store to me.

How do you tell if its a retail store or a hub?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top