JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To all reading this thread - massive recall of Kidde fire extinguishers just announced today:

<broken link removed>

Millions of Kidde fire extinguishers are under a recall after officials said there's a chance they won't work in an emergency.

More than 37 million of their fire extinguishers that use plastic handles or push buttons are included in the recall.

According to the company, the extinguishers can become clogged and not work in an emergency situation. The nozzle can also come off with enough force to potentially hurt someone.

One person died in a car fire where emergency responders said they couldn't get one of the recalled fire extinguishers to work, the Consumer Product Safety Commission said.

There were also 16 reports of injuries, including smoke inhalation and minor burns, and more than 90 reports of property damage.

We have ABC 10 pounders( I think-bout 14" tall and 5" dia) in every bedroom walk in closet mounted with a mag light. One in the kitchen, larger one in the pantry. Every out building has at least one 20 pounder and the reloading/casting building has two.My welding rig has two of the large ones on board with smaller ones in every other truck and the RV. I keep mag lites mounted right next to the extinguishers so we always go to the same place for one.

As far as clean up goes I've never worried too much about it. I figure it's better than replacing a lost truck/house/shed. For yearly inspection/recharging I know plenty of local V firemen and they get it done for me with little cost.

They're not tremendously expensive though, so I wouldn't think twice about buying a replacement if age was a concern.

^ This. We keep an extinguisher in pretty much every room in the house. If there is any doubt as to the working order, it gets replaced. While it isn't likely we'll need them, it is the kind of thing that has to "just work" if called upon.

^ This. We keep an extinguisher in pretty much every room in the house. If there is any doubt as to the working order, it gets replaced. While it isn't likely we'll need them, it is the kind of thing that has to "just work" if called upon.

How does a fire extinguisher work? Actually....are fire extinguishers necessary for a house? Mine is an old house. There are no extinguishers out there. Although I have a cctv camera surveillance system at home, I haven't put an effort to install fire extinguishers at home. Can someone share how these fire extinguishers can be installed? Do you know which is the best company that provides fire extinguishers? For how many years a fire extinguisher can be used?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top