JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It was mid-may when I set up to shoot a 200 yard target at the range out back of the place. By the time I was ready at noon the temperature was a mild 75 degrees. I rode the Rhino downrange and stapled a solitary target to the frameworks. Dead center was a black one inch paster.

My shooting bench was the old redwood pic-nic table I had used for years, but it was solid and made a good bench. I set up the number 6 shot bags and took the Swiss k31 rifle out of the case, attatched the bipod to the rail under it, uncapped the scope and began adjusting the height of the shot-bags. I set up the spotting scope on the tripod, broke out the custom loads and inserted 5 of them into the magazine.

I proceeded to send five rounds downrange at three second intervals. I checked the target though the spotting scope and said "Yep" to myself. "Yep, what?" came from behind me. Worden Hardy had walked up behind me just after the last shot. Hello, Worden. Yep, I put all five of them through the same hole again, sez I. "All five through the same hole?" sez he. Yep........ all five. "Let me see that scope".... and I moved over for him to look.

"There's only one hole in that target. Dead center. What makes you think all five went in the same hole?" sez he. They always do, sez I. Every time. Worden is standing with his hands in his pockets rocking back and forth on his heels looking at me through half open eyes. "Uh huh. All five through one smooth hole. Right".

And I never could'a proved it if it hadn't been for those five dead coyotes that had been trotting in single file, three seconds apart piled up behind that target.
Yep. One smooth hole.

I've actually done one as well. However, unlike Piérre's, mine was only with three shots. I gave up then, having made my point.

upload_2018-7-29_21-1-28.png

155gr Lapua Scenar @100m. 44gr of H4064.

tac

I did something similar.

10 shots at 1000 yards, one hole.

9 missed the target completely, but that's not the point.

Here's an interesting article about one mans six year pursuit of the holy grail in rifle accuracy.
An excerpt explaining how tight the 5 shot groupings were at a predictable 0.025 inches.

"The experiments conducted in the Houston warehouse redefined extreme rifle accuracy by testing virtually every aspect of rifle building and reloading. They were able to shrink 100 yard five-shot groups that started in the 0.2-0.3" range down "in the zeros" to an unbelievable 0.025". Yes, I did say an average five shot group of 0.025 inches! Picture in your mind how thin a credit card is … 0.025" is even smaller than that. Here is a diagram I made to illustrate:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjfuPTLt8XcAhVQS60KHQqqC2cQFjAAegQIAxAB&url=http://precisionrifleblog.com/2013/10/18/secrets-of-the-houston-warehouse-lessons-in-extreme-rifle-accuracy/&usg=AOvVaw17-A32qe2ZsnrjsrCyFXIp

LOL! Love it! ok....... so it's time for this old man to actually put up or shut up.
The first is 200 yard 5 round group with a zfk55 Swiss Sniper rifle. Handloads with the 175gr Berger VLDs. Usual is the GP11 cartridge, but we've been able to surpass the 7.5x55 GP11.

Second is my Son's personal k31 hunting rifle at 100 yards using his own handloads with a 190gr VLD type.
This target is entirely typical and repeatable.

zfk002.jpg zfk55IOR.jpg k31Proof.JPG k21Hunt.JPG

Last Edited:
LOL! Love it! ok....... so it's time for this old man to actually put up or shut up.
The first is 200 yard 5 round group with a zfk55 Swiss Sniper rifle. Handloads with the 175gr Berger VLDs. Usual is the GP11 cartridge, but we've been able to surpass the 7.5x55 GP11.

Second is my Son's personal k31 hunting rifle at 100 yards using his own handloads with a 190gr VLD type.
This target is entirely typical and repeatable.

View attachment 483709 View attachment 483711 View attachment 483712 View attachment 483713
Looking good. Those k31's are damn accurate.

Taco Lean, a friend of mine, Ernie Jiminez, set three Guinness world records for open sights with the K31 rifle. First was 1,000 yards, second was 1,500 yards and I can't remember the third one. He and I use the same load data for the 190gr VLD projectile. You can find him on youtube making those shots.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top