JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You might wanna save this for future reference.

Not mentioned below but ALL YOUR PETS SHOULD BE MICROCHIPPED if you value them.

dog-lost-owner-how-finding.jpg

My little 25lb dog went wondering in a 5 acre plot with grass 3' tall. I drove around the outside of that plot very very slowly calling his name.

All I could think was how the hell do I go home and leave my dog an hour away, it was heart wrenching for the ordeal.

The little bugger was bouncing around in the tracks I made on the 5th or 6th lap around (always been too smart for his own good).

I don't let him off leash anymore if he is outside the house/back yard.

Our family dog ran away when I was a kid on a weekend trip to bend.
She ran after us on 4wheelers and somehow lost us and just kept running. By some miracle someone found her and left a message on our answering machine . It was about 10 miles and 24 hours after we left in the opposite direction from where we were staying.
We went to pick her up and the dog lost her. Went another 24 hours and must have ran all day and night. somehow luckily again someone found her and left a message again.
We wen to pick her up. Now she ran away on the edge of the Crooked River ranch just outside Terrebonne and she ended up west of Redmond.

I have no idea how far it was but it was an hour drive for us. Poor dog must have run just about 48 hours straight.

Paws were toast and she was one tired pup. But we got her back!

I find driving my local streets in the minivan (AKA the "dog car") with the side door open is irresistible to my GSD, who loves car trips. He jumps in and all is good.

On that note, I woke up at about 4am a few nights ago (call of nature) and saw no dog. That was unusual, so checked the house - no dog. Went back, got a flashlight, checked the front yard, called him, no dog.

Getting worried, I piled in the aforesaid minivan, drove the 800 feet down the driveway to the street, went east about 1/2 mile - no dog. Headed west about 1 mile (1/2 mile past my driveway - no dog. Turn around and the GD GSD finally decides to let me know he's been sleeping in the car the entire evening. Apparently when he met us at the gate and we let him hop into the car, we forgot to let him out.

I still can't decide if he's a sound sleeper or an a$$hole.

My dog doesn't really leave the house.
We put her collar on when we got to central oregon, but my parents large yard is all fenced in.
She's a big baby though and loves to run but won't leave our side much. Too much separation anxiety.

My dog doesn't really leave the house.
We put her collar on when we got to central oregon, but my parents large yard is all fenced in.
She's a big baby though and loves to run but won't leave our side much. Too much separation anxiety.

I had a rot/lab mix that was like that - could leave her on the front porch in town and never worry she's attacked a walker or dog. Very mellow and super loyal. She made it to 14 and putting her to sleep was insanely hard (though not near as hard as my wife's dog that we took to the vet and found out she had only 4 days left - I still dream about her and that she is at the end of the bed; she was a firecracker that loved to cuddle).

The little guy I have now has always thought he knew more then me and I'm still 13 years latter having to defend the alpha spot in the family. If that little cus gets out, he will wander to his hearts content and then get lost, thus the leash if he is outside the house or fence.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top