JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Both parents can work but then the cost of child care comes into play. Often times child support costs more than a job brings in.

My parents both worked. We were lucky and had grandparents to watch us while they worked.

Our family's first house was $70k when we bought it less than 1 generation ago. Now that house is $520k. Our second (bigger) house was $160k when we bought it a few years later; now that house is $600k. I'm pretty sure middle class jobs didn't increase in pay 5x during that same 20-30 year time period, otherwise we'd all be making six figures easy.
Who was it that went after "family" and worked real hard to make sure we had a LOT of kids roaming around with no family? Even for those who choose to make kids and then end up being the only one supporting them they have choices. They can choose to make more poor choices, or they can choose to work hard to better themselves. Sadly a lot choose to wail for gov to care for them.

Don't interrupt the boomer-jerk with the inconvenient fact that things have changed since the 70's and 80's.
Yep! We can't have people making responsible choices and actually being accountable for the poor choices they make as adults. We NEED an ever larger government to take care of them from cradle to grave. All they have to do is give up things like family and rights, and we have utopia. Just look how well its worked in other countries, er wait. Well it did not work at all BUT we are so smart we will do it right this time, right? :s0140:
Just keep beating that drum that this time the gov will be all powerful and we will all live great lives.

Yep! We can't have people making responsible choices and actually being accountable for the poor choices they make as adults. We NEED an ever larger government to take care of them from cradle to grave. All they have to do is give up things like family and rights, and we have utopia. Just look how well its worked in other countries, er wait. Well it did not work at all BUT we are so smart we will do it right this time, right? :s0140:
Just keep beating that drum that this time the gov will be all powerful and we will all live great lives.
Why don't people simply opt to not suffer medical emergencies that deliver them into financial insolvency regardless of whether or not they have insurance.

As for your analogy about big gooberment, China has probably the worlds largest government and managed to be the only country actually reversing poverty in any meaningful amount over the past 20 years.

The good news is maybe a few less suckers will decide to put money in crypto.

When bitcoin first came on the scene I wanted to toss a C note at it. I fully expected I would be flushing the money but figured why not. Back then it was beyond my abilities and I was not willing to jump through hoops to learn how to do it. Looking back now I missed a wining lotto ticket for sure. 🤬
Now? It scares me too much to start sinking any real money into it. Decided to just buy some silver. That of course may make me a few bucks or lose a few. Never going to be a wining lotto ticket but has been kind of fun.

I'm still looking for the positive spin on this.

Edit: One positive might be that recruitment and retention of employees might get easier as layoffs grow.

I'm still looking for the positive spin on this.

Edit: One positive might be that recruitment and retention of employees might get easier as layoffs grow.
YES! I am really sick of being called in on days off, called in early, asked to stay late. All because they can't find people who want to work. That should soon stop being such a problem. 🤬

YES! I am really sick of being called in on days off, called in early, asked to stay late. All because they can't find people who want to work. That should soon stop being such a problem. 🤬
What kind of work are you in? The wife's job doesn't pay a lot. She's middle management and we've done fine, as far as we're concerned, over the 30+ years we've been together. The people they hire at the store make $15.00 and change to start. Wifey only makes about $6.00 more. She has to deal with the same thing you're talking about. These jobs don't require a high school diploma. These jobs don't require anything special, more than a functioning brain. It's an every-damn-day thing for people to call out. It takes a lot of work and documentation to fire them. And if they do, fire them, there's no one to take their place! I don't know where these people get their money, because it sure as hell ain't from showing up for their shifts every day!

Yeah, someone needs to pipe in and say they need to pay these kind $70,000.00 a year so their family of FOUR can afford that big house, a couple of cars and a nice vacation every year, and THEN they'd start showing up for their jobs!

What kind of work are you in? The wife's job doesn't pay a lot. She's middle management and we've done fine, as far as we're concerned, over the 30+ years we've been together. The people they hire at the store make $15.00 and change to start. Wifey only makes about $6.00 more. She has to deal with the same thing you're talking about. These jobs don't require a high school diploma. These jobs don't require anything special, more than a functioning brain. It's an every-damn-day thing for people to call out. It takes a lot of work and documentation to fire them. And if they do, fire them, there's no one to take their place! I don't know where these people get their money, because it sure as hell ain't from showing up for their shifts every day!

Yeah, someone needs to pipe in and say they need to pay these kind $70,000.00 a year so their family of FOUR can afford that big house, a couple of cars and a nice vacation every year, and THEN they'd start showing up for their jobs!
Work in Health Care. Pay is good, benefits are the best I have ever seen in my life. I get 8 weeks a year in paid time off, excellent medical. People start out with 6 weeks a year. Biggest problem is this state passed a law couple years back that makes it so people can call in all they want if they have hours. So its all but impossible to fire anyone now. 🤬
I keep saying we need a good crash to make it so people will want to come to work again.

Your wife sounds underpaid for the work she does.

Also, on Friday (July 1), minimum wage in the metro areas will be $14.75. Felons might be the only people you can hire for $15/hr. Most jobs I'm seeing (fast food, service industry, entry level) are all hiring around $17-$19, that number will probably tick up.

I bet your wife could get a supervisory job closer to $23-$25 easy. Sometimes the only way to get a raise is to start looking elsewhere.

When bitcoin first came on the scene I wanted to toss a C note at it. I fully expected I would be flushing the money but figured why not. Back then it was beyond my abilities and I was not willing to jump through hoops to learn how to do it. Looking back now I missed a wining lotto ticket for sure. 🤬
Now? It scares me too much to start sinking any real money into it. Decided to just buy some silver. That of course may make me a few bucks or lose a few. Never going to be a wining lotto ticket but has been kind of fun.
did you buy actual silver metal or an IOU at some exchange backed by notional silver?

Just like in crypto we say "not your keys, not your coin" meaning if your crypto is waiting on an exchange to be stolen then it wasnt really yours. So if your silver is a number on some broker's page, you dont actually own it.

Work in Health Care. Pay is good, benefits are the best I have ever seen in my life. I get 8 weeks a year in paid time off, excellent medical. People start out with 6 weeks a year. Biggest problem is this state passed a law couple years back that makes it so people can call in all they want if they have hours. So its all but impossible to fire anyone now. 🤬
I keep saying we need a good crash to make it so people will want to come to work again.
Eeewwee. With dirty sick people? If you're in the trenches, you are an angel.
Wifey/We have great benefits through the UFCW. Yeah, I know, damn democrat terd eaters. I'm sure the company would LOVE to have her, with her work ethic and customer service ethic, in a store director position! To do that properly is 10 hours a day minimum. (and still have to deal with the punk arse, lazy, entitled little pukes you do.) Those positions don't have anywhere near the bennie's her current job does. And they'll put you in any location they feel like. Wanna' drive to/back from Hood River? Salem? It's happened. The current "Guy" drives from/to McMinnville 5 days a week. Wifey walks across the street.

Wifey only has about six more years. We're doing okay. We just hope the investments come back to where they were.

Eeewwee. With dirty sick people? If you're in the trenches, you are an angel.
Wifey/We have great benefits through the UFCW. Yeah, I know, damn democrat terd eaters. I'm sure the company would LOVE to have her, with her work ethic and customer service ethic, in a store director position! To do that properly is 10 hours a day minimum. (and still have to deal with the punk arse, lazy, entitled little pukes you do.) Those positions don't have anywhere near the bennie's her current job does. And they'll put you in any location they feel like. Wanna' drive to/back from Hood River? Salem? It's happened. The current "Guy" drives from/to McMinnville 5 days a week. Wifey walks across the street.

Wifey only has about six more years. We're doing okay. We just hope the investments come back to where they were.
I hear you there. Right after the great lock down hoax finally came to an end a LOT of people were job shifting. Basically two giants here in healthcare. The bidding wars were on for a while. Jumping ship get REAL tempting for me too. Wife and I live quite comfortably so I just hunkered down and stayed. Figuring the "crap" would not be any different at the completion. If I worked up in King Co I would make a LOT more money but, have to work in what is rapidly becoming a damn war zone. Little old for that crap now. :s0140:
I follow a list of a few "natural" things that I read supported health. Had to take the first two hoax shots. They pushed a couple more BIG time but finally gave up. Either I was blessed with a great immune system, or that natural stuff works, maybe little of both. I never got real sick even though a lot of co workers did. I tell them we work around people who have everything known to man daily. You either build up a strong immunity or you die:D

So the SEC approved single stock ETF funds today.

I mentioned before. ETF's are like mutual funds but traded like stocks. The market makers who put them together take a bunch of stock, bundle it and sell it as an ETF. They are very unregulated so they are just a massive criminal vehicle.

The companies that make these funds can fill them with stock without actually locating the stock, just a bunch of IOU's. They then have a certain time to find the actual stock and if they dont its just reported as a FTD (failure to deliver) and the SEC posts these numbers without identifying what or who about a month after they are failed to deliver.

Those same companies can take an ETF full of IOU's and break them down to stock and sell the stock on the market. basically a legal counterfeiting process unregulated by the SEC.

Now the SEC is allowing them to use just one stock to fill an ETF making the counterfeiting so much easier.

These companies already have this ready to go because tomorrow they are introducing the Telsa EFT (I heard TLSQ) for which they will be able to counterfeit TLSA and sell the fake shares.

And so to confirm that SEC is involved in the crime, they just approved a delay in the audit trail for these by a year.

The finance companies and banks are stealing from everyone, the SEC is facilitating their crime right out in the open. They are literally flaunting it right in our face.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top