JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That figures, I'll have paid into it my entire life and a few years before retirement this... Any way to opt out now so I can better prepare for myself instead of paying for something I will NEVER get any benefit from?

Any way to opt out now so I can better prepare for myself instead of paying for something I will NEVER get any benefit from?

From what I read, with few exception, the answer is negative. Members of clergy, members of certain religious orders (e.g., ones with a vow of poverty), Christian Science Practitioners, and members of a handful of exempt religious sects that existed pre-1951 (e.g., some Mennonites, Old Order Amish, etc.) can opt out by filing Form 4029.

I have been working since I was an adolescent and I started retirement accounts back in my early 20s. I wish I could have been putting away what they take for Social Security, in addition to my own investing. The fact the system is likely to fail only adds to that wish. Alas, there is no option that I can see to bail.

From what I read, with few exception, the answer is negative. Members of clergy, members of certain religious orders (e.g., ones with a vow of poverty), Christian Science Practitioners, and members of a handful of exempt religious sects that existed pre-1951 (e.g., some Mennonites, Old Order Amish, etc.) can opt out by filing Form 4029.

I have been working since I was an adolescent and I started retirement accounts back in my early 20s. I wish I could have been putting away what they take for Social Security, in addition to my own investing. The fact the system is likely to fail only adds to that wish. Alas, there is no option that I can see to bail.

Yeah, they won't let the bottom blocks of the pyramid scheme pull out otherwise it collapses faster.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top