JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well folks its been great my wife and i have been trying for Alaska for a couple years now and it paid off we are moving up there 7/15/18 2,400 hundred miles with 47 hours of driving. Its funny we have been preparing for it for years but when a job finally lands and we have two weeks before we need to be up there it puts things in a different perspective. We have not been happy here in Oregon its too warm (i run really hot) , too populated, expensive property, and too many people. Plus i miss the snow i grew up in the Colorado Rockies. We are moving to the matsu valley about 50 min NE of anchorage with views like this.

matsu valley.jpg

We are nearing 30 and do not want children and we know a large move like this is a big risk but i do not want to be in my 50's with regrets. I wish all of you the best of luck.

'mastu valley' had me there for a second, then realized it must be shorthand for Matanuska-Susitna Valley. If you're going to grow your own food, you're going to the best place in Alaska for that.

Here's Johnny Horton the Singing American to appropriately send you off. Johnny Horton was better than Elvis (and I'm an Elvis fan).
However, don't listen to his song "When it's Springtime in Alaska..." Just saying.
Cheers and safe journey.

I'm just so damned envious of you, being able to get a way from the Metro area! Brings a tear to my eye. Personally, I wouldn't care to do Alaska though.

Good luck man!

Good luck to you in Alaska. Beautiful country up there, no doubt you will enjoy it. And if possible, please help vote to get rid of the turncoat RINO Senator Murkowski next time she's up for re-election. She's mucking things up for all of us.

Congrats on the move! Do keep in touch from time to time.

I'm not sure how you guys could live there anymore. It must take a damn stiff drink every night

I'm on the very edge man! If things come together, in the next year, year and a half, I may be giving the double bird as I leave Portland, Multnomah County, snowflakes, drug dealer, thumping/buzzing bass vehicle speakers, haughty pedestrians-bicyclists, Portland mayor, city commissioners, county commission new fees/taxes added every year and the whole slew of some of the dumbest and rudest people I've ever had the displeasure to see breed and multiply! Filth, Abandoned cars, derelict motor homes, rubbish surrounded tents by the side of the road......

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top