JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Purchased a part to a Ruger .22 and then found out it's serialized so I need to transfer it. The part was only $50 shipped, and the FFLs I know of charge $50 for the transfer plus another $10 for the background check.
I'd hate to pay more for a transfer than for the part itself...
I know I've seen places that charge like $35 or $40 but I'm not sure where those ones are.

Any help would be appreciated 🙏

Not on your side of town but for those on west side I recommend Aloha Arms inside Aloha Surplus store on TV Hwy. Charges $25 + $10 state fee. Really friendly and rock solid reputation. Tues. thru Sat. 11am to 6pm. He's done 3 for me. Happy customer- not affiliated.

Purchased a part to a Ruger .22 and then found out it's serialized so I need to transfer it. The part was only $50 shipped, and the FFLs I know of charge $50 for the transfer plus another $10 for the background check.
I know I've seen places that charge like $35 or $40 but I'm not sure where those ones are.

I'm from the Eugene area, and my go to FFL up north is always Sunset Firearms in Wilsonville. Always worth the drive for me. If you're ever in the area I'd highly recommend it. Gordon is a great guy & his rates are $30 for the transfer & background check combined. I have done business there multiple times.

I found out you have to call and double check any more, Fast Cash Pawn in Lebanon raised their prices to $100 for transferring any gun not in their inventory "due to all the extra paperwork they have to do from 114" though as far as I understand there is no paperwork from 114 as it is not in place yet. They also buy ammo at Bi-Mart and resell it for a significant markup in their store, so I've decided to take my business elsewhere as I don't need to support shops that feel the need to take advantage of gun buyers.

I'd hate to have anything needing an FFL transfer to be sitting in 114 Purgatory. Find a shop that will release after three days, pay what they are asking, and enjoy your pew pew part.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top