Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

FFL cross state line question

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Trlsmn, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

OK here is a hypothetical situation that has been in the back of my mind (yes I know it's lonely in there).

If I, as an Oregonian, want to transfer a gun directly from me to a Washington resident through a Washington FFL, can I personally deliver (drive) the gun to the Washington FFL for the transaction? :confused:

2. NoAim

NoAim Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Another hypothetical question (which you know the answer to).

If you, as an Oregonian, want to transfer a gun directly from you to a Washington resident through a Washington FFL, can you personally deliver (ship) the gun to the Washington FFL for the transaction?

All you've done is cut out the courier.

3. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Thanks! In that light it makes sense that it is OK.

4. JAFO

JAFO OR, USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

It's only ok if it is ok with the FFL. You would be wise to ask him/her if this delivery method is acceptable.

5. Sponkmeister

Sponkmeister Beverton New Member

I am in the process of doing this (waiting for the guy to arrive to do the transfer) and I verified that it was alright to have the guy bring the firearm to be transferred. When he was asked, the first question the FFL asked was "Why is the guy hand delivering it?" Then I explained that we're trading C&R eligible and I don't have a C&R FFL and he does. Made him comfortable about this happening.

6. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

Be careful how you transport it.