JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The damn things keep spreading because they are quite smart and they breed like rabbits. As with coyotes they also learn to live well around people. When they start to get into area's where it's real hard to shoot them and they find easy food, they can really be a PITA.

I can't believe anything can exist at the top of North Dakota - winters there are as brutal as can be.

FWIW, ODFW has been trapping them and in Oregon the population is next to nothing. I have a buddy that aerial gunned them from a helo but the population got so low it wasn't worth the the time to go out.

Per ODFW:

"The major feral swine activity in Oregon is generally located in near Madras, Maupin, Fossil, Spray and Mitchell —the hot bed of activity being a large circle around the Antelope area."

Interesting. I seem to recall that not too long ago they said they had few to no sightings of feral pigs in Orygun.

Per ODFW:

"The major feral swine activity in Oregon is generally located in near Madras, Maupin, Fossil, Spray and Mitchell —the hot bed of activity being a large circle around the Antelope area."

Interesting. I seem to recall that not too long ago they said they had few to no sightings of feral pigs in Orygun.
That's odd. I spend alot of time in the Fossil/Antelope area and I have never seen a single hog out there in over 20 years of roaming around those parts.

And dang few after that...

In my 40 + years of all things outdoors in the entire Central Oregon area I have seen ONE wild hog - and it was hanging up in a deer hunters camp north of Redmond.

I can't believe anything can exist at the top of North Dakota - winters there are as brutal as can be.

FWIW, ODFW has been trapping them and in Oregon the population is next to nothing. I have a buddy that aerial gunned them from a helo but the population got so low it wasn't worth the the time to go out.
If there were any left over just give it some time. Its like killing off the rabbit population in an area. If there are any left soon they have lots of them. Not to mention those that keep migrating. They are very damn hard to get completely rid of.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews