JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking at someone's feedback score and doing a little research can give a person an idea of who has what guns in their homes. If some of the shadier characters in the region were looking looking for a particular firearm or home with large amount of firearms, it seems to me that it wouldn't be that hard to find them just by poking around this site a little bit. Am I just being paranoid, or does anyone else have a problem with receiving feedback from firearms transactions from this site

Most thieves go for easy scores, I'm sure they would much rather break into an old ladies house instead of someone armed to the teeth. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but its more statistically likely that your guns will be stolen by someone close to you.

Who is familiar with your home and your schedule? Have you had people in your home that are strangers who have had a free reign around the place? Contractors? House parties? Have kids that have friends over? When people are in your home do you like to show off your possessions and where they are?

Those factors outweigh your concerns by a mile. Thieves typically aren't going to steal what they have not seen in a home.

Well, I would be more worried about people figuring out your real name and cross referencing it with those people that post pictures of their collections or individual pieces. Rather than their ratings.

Or hell, requesting a list of CHL holders in their area, crossing that with say driving records, and there you go.

Of course, the problem with breaking into a home of a known firearm enthusiast is the chance the person is home and waiting for ya.

But that is just me.
M

I agree with you, and don't mention what was sold or purchased on my end. I generally prefer that most do the same. But I''m not overly worried about it. I think it's up to the buyer to determine if they want to leave that info, since they're usually the ones that initiate the rating.

My 2 cents...if ads where cleared off the site (or moved to backup/mod access - whatever floats your data recording fancy) then the feedback would not mean as much. Most people don't list what they sold or bought in feedback, and most of the ad's content gets deleted but not everyone grasps the concept of editing the title (and some are obviously paranoid of who they sold it to, which brings up other questions LOL) so it gets left up for whatever reason.

To mods - (in case your like yeah why don't you do it then) I will volunteer some time if someone wants to school me on vbulletin, I've used it as a forum member on many sites but never cleaned up behind others like myself LOL. And I'm unemployed right now so all I do is work on cars and haunt forums and job listings/classifieds all day, at least for now........

Last Edited:
My 2 cents...if ads where cleared off the site (or moved to backup/mod access - whatever floats your data recording fancy) then the feedback would not mean as much. Most people don't list what they sold or bought in feedback, and most of the ad's content gets deleted but not everyone grasps the concept of editing the title (and some are obviously paranoid of who they sold it to, which brings up other questions LOL) so it gets left up for whatever reason.

To mods - (in case your like yeah why don't you do it then) I will volunteer some time if someone wants to school me on vbulletin, I've used it as a forum member on many sites but never cleaned up behind others like myself LOL. And I'm unemployed right now so all I do is work on cars and haunt forums and job listings/classifieds all day, at least for now........

Ads are left in place to give an idea of market value for sales

yeah....could start a price thread like the books and try to list current trade values on it, but who knows how many would put honest answers. I know when I left CO assault and sporting rifles where all the rage and fetching top dollar, then I moved here and people were "ak wut, ar wut" but all about the big bore and magnum rifles - which affects the actual street/area value of an item a lot. An ar or ak setup that could fetch 500-1200 there might be 400-800 here, whereas a .338 or .375 that would go for 700-800 out there would likely move for 1000-1200 out here from what I've seen. To each there own though.

None of my feedback shows what was bought or sold, so I'm not worried.

I also leave my ads up out of courtesy. Many times I click on other ads to try and see what the item was sold for, but then it's been edited out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top