JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was shooting it in a gravel pit, so I was not trying to hit bullseyes on paper, but rather some shotgun shells that some slobs left behind.

LOL. Me, my Dad and my wife went up on some BLM roads to try and find a good place to shoot and ended up finding a spot with old targets and crap all over the place. We mostly setup up old plastic bottles that were left on the ground....there were plenty of shotgun shells though, shoulda used them too. ;)

Planning on heading there again next sunday and setting up some fresh targets and really see how accurate this new gun is.

To me the SR9 trigger is pretty decent, not bad and not spectacular. Definatly not like sandpaper though. What i am very impressed with is its reliability. I have easily put over 2k rounds of various brands of ammo through it,and havent had many problems. I think I have had 2 or 3 FTEs with factory ammo and 4 or 5 with some local brand of reloads that i got cheap(I forget the name of it). To me 6 or 7 faliures in over 2000 isnt bad. In my opinion the full sizes sr9 is a great buy

I got one stovepipe yesterday, but that was my wife shooting it and she was definitely limp wristing.

I like the trigger on it a lot but would love to lighten it up if possible. Has anyone here used this product? GHOST TRIGGER

Also, any thoughts on the effect of a stainless guide rod, or is that just aesthetics? I'm sure the aluminum striker indicator is a visual only upgrade.

MasterDisaster,

I bought a Ruger SR9 recently to have a range friendly version of my SR9c. I have ordered the Ghost Ultimate trigger, but don't have it yet. I will let you know how it goes. My trigger is kind of gritty and it seems like it does not break cleanly. When I install the ghost trigger, I am also going to polish the internals of the gun to try to get everything all smoothed out. I will report back when I am done. Hopefully I will get the parts before the weekend.

I think the SS guide rod is mostly aesthetic, but it does add weight up front which should reduce the recoil a bit and get the follow up shots back on target faster, theoretically anyways.

Sounds good Allfat, I'd be curious to hear your results. joshhearne on youtube has three comparison videos between, stock, stock polished, and ghost ultimate trigger bar pulls. Pretty Interesting.

While I'm asking, has anyone used the Galloway Precisions Trigger kits? Heard good things about them, especially the ones with the ghost trigger bar, but I'd love to hear more feedback before spending $60+.

Last Edited:
Masterdisaster,

I received the Ghost last Monday, and I installed it on Tuesday. I have not got out to shoot it yet, and I can feel the trigger is smoother. I am not sure about lighter, I don't have a trigger pull gauge and my finger is not calibrated enough to know if it is really a difference or if it is just the placebo effect. It does feel a lot smoother though.

I also polished up the striker blocker and that helped a lot smoothing up the beginning of the trigger pull.

Thanks for the word Allfat. Be sure to update us here once you get it to the range.

I've come to really like the trigger as-is. I've shot about 250 rounds through it now and have found a grip/pull stance that keeps it really accurate. It also helps that I adjusted the sight elevation because it was shooting 6" high out of the box. Now I've got 2.5-3" groups at ten yards. Not sure how good that is as this is my first pistol, but it seems good too me.

That being said, I'm still thinking I'll buy Galloways smooth-it trigger kit with the spring replacements, polished striker, and ghost ultimate trigger bar as soon as I have the funds ($65). In the mean time I'm going to spend a little money to get a SS guide rod just for aesthetics. Lastly, I'll get a couple more mags.

Gotta say, I love this gun!

Update 8-7-12: Went shooting today, thought I'd share the results.

This group was five rounds at 10 yards with the pistol resting on my left palm on a tree stump for dead rest. There are two rounds through the green hole (first two shots) and three below in the orange (last three shots). It is a tight group but I need to drop the sight elevation a few clicks. Then it will be dead on. Not too bad I think.

8-7-12.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews