JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I heard about this on the radio driving home today -- which got me to wondering why we have the right to bear hammers? http://www.nbnnews.com.au/2015/09/08/man-in-custody/

Funny thing is that while doing a search for this incident (which I thought they said happened in Portland), I came across a handful of assaults and robberies using hammers.

So while we listen to the anti-gunners keep beating the drum, we really need to begin thinking about what other weapons of mass destruction should be on the mandatory waiting list... I'll bet there is a think tank government special task team looking into this already ;).

I'm pretty sure the guy in this incident used one of these.

untitled.png

Last magazine ban scare we had in Oregon I learned that more people are killed each year by hammers than by AR-15's. Makes sense I guess beings that EVERYBODY has a hammer in their house.

A 20-24oz framing hammer with a long fiberglass handle is a single blow lethal weapon you can slam the head right through a sheet of good 1/2" plywood.they would do a skull just like a watermellon.

Roofing hammer - with the hatchet backside. Sharp suckers

I've always felt pretty OK working in crappy neighborhoods, so long as my roofin' hatchet was in my bag on my side. One time I went down to my truck for something, and was accosted by an unfriendly escaped pitbull... as he slowly stalked toward me, growling low with its head lower than it's shoulders and a snarl on it's lip, I reached down into my tool bag for my trusty hatchet........ and all I came up with was a hammer tacker... I'd left my hatchet sitting on the roof.

Pretty decent weapon:
RR02876A__1.jpg

Pretty weak weapon:

d64b116b-bb6a-427b-baf6-dd92f77425b0_400.jpg

So how are they gunna close the garage sale loop hole?
I haven't seen it but i guess it's kinda scarry watching dry wallers throw their little hammer axes into the narrow side of the 2X4

OK just got back from the store I bought two cases of Jack Daniels.
gentlemen_lets_get_hammered_poster-r1e1a60a730f64754a4ca4d3ef8450b07_wv4_8byvr_512.jpg

OH wait guess I should have put my glasses on, I thought you said hammered , not hammers.
Now what am going to do with all this whiskey. ??:s0115::s0140:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads