JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That may very well be true, OR, the article stated that he was busted for "Possession of a stolen vehicle". Maybe he was unaware the that the car he was driving was stolen?

I will grant that is a possibility, though I would expect most folks know whether the car they're driving is stolen? Since he was convicted, I'm assuming his lawyer was unable to prove a lack of intent in the possession of the stolen vehicle. Of course, he could have had a bad lawyer too.

I will grant that is a possibility, though I would expect most folks know whether the car they're driving is stolen? Since he was convicted, I'm assuming his lawyer was unable to prove a lack of intent in the possession of the stolen vehicle. Of course, he could have had a bad lawyer too.

Could have plead down to Possession of? :s0092:

It just cracks me up how today's criminals record and post their crimes on social media, once upon time they would attempt to fly below the radar. I am convinced we are witnessing de-evolution.

How easy it is for some to embrace; "the end, justifies the means".
For those pointing fingers; make sure your nails are clean. Being a Cops nemesis, comes with a downside.

My personal stance is... if you do your time and serve your paper.. no further punishment or social degradation is necessary. The ostracization of felons is a holdover from the Dark Ages and should be reformed. I do agree that under the circumstances the guy posting pictures of himself committing a mala prohibita offense is a dimwit at best.

To be fair WA leo knows damn well about the rcw around marked cars and blatantly ignores it. I read an article that a sheriffs office stated they couldn't get stickers and that's why unmarked. Lmao.

Here are a few examples of felony crimes. You believe these folks should no longer have the right to self-protection? ...

I love this response and I totally agree! Always look at the law, not the defendant. The defendant is irrelevant.

There are reasonable estimates that most people commit about three Federal felonies per day on average. The number of Federal crimes is so vast in fact, that all efforts to merely count them have failed and yet, you are presumed to have knowledge of the law and intent to violate is commonly not an element (you are guilty for unknowingly breaking a law from a list so vast, it can't even be counted let alone kept in your head -- an obvious catch 22). What this means is that if a government official decides to persecute you there is no doubt they'll succeed. Such an onerous set of laws is an incredible tool for fascists.

It is a grave error to let personal feelings about a defendant interfere with logic, and it is routine for governments to trot out the despicable defendant in order to push a law on the populace. For example, in Smith v. Maryland, the defendant was a purse snatcher and stalker. The police were lazy and did not get a warrant to review phone records -- no question they would have gotten it had they requested it. To make sure the dude did his short sentence though, the Supreme Court said "meh -- no big" despite the clear 4th Amendment violation. That case is the basis for the total domestic surveillance of all telephone calls we now suffer under.

Some citations:

You Commit Three Felonies a Day
Many Failed Efforts to Count Nation's Federal Criminal Laws
None of these studies broached the separate—and equally complex—question of crimes that stem from federal regulations, such as, for example, the rules written by a federal agency to enforce a given act of Congress. These rules can carry the force of federal criminal law. Estimates of the number of regulations range from 10,000 to 300,000. None of the legal groups who have studied the code have a firm number.​
Maryland case provides justification for NSA surveillance

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top