JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw this recently and thought it was a pretty good idea, I like HST bullets and the idea of seating one that deep to eliminate airspace is a good idea. I do wonder about accuracy with a longer journey to the forcing come though, when I find some I intend to try it out.

New From Federal: HST 130 Grain .38 Special +P - The Truth About Guns FP_38Spcl_HSTMicro_Quartered.jpg

I saw this recently and thought it was a pretty good idea, I like HST bullets and the idea of seating one that deep to eliminate airspace is a good idea. I do wonder about accuracy with a longer journey to the forcing come though, when I find some I intend to try it out.

New From Federal: HST 130 Grain .38 Special +P - The Truth About GunsView attachment 364596
Interesting. I don't think accuracy would suffer because of distance from forcing cone. The bullet base should still be somewhat in the case as the nose enters the forcing cone. I suppose powder economy would be high since it's loaded like a wadcutter. I suspect the crimp would be crucial to get right in this instance.

Edit: try it in a Ruger first:p

Last Edited:
Very interesting, the box indicates it's loaded for Micros, so I guess they're referring to snub nose .38's/.357's...

Federal HST's are pretty much all I carry, unless I'm in a Golden Sabre mood...

Will have to try a box and see how they do... If they're any good, then I'll need to locate an online source that doesn't break the bank...

The image of the cross-sectioned round at that link has the appearance of a 148gr HBWC loaded backwards.
Something that reloaders have been doing for a long time.
I have no concerns of accuracy in defense rounds, were sometimes key-holing could be considered a good thing. :eek:
:D

The ONLY bullet that I have been able to get reliable expansion out of from my 1.875" Ruger LCR 38 is the Remington Ultimate Defense +p aka the Golden Saber. All other Hydro Shok, XTP, Critical Defense, Civil Defense and others sail right through 4 layers of jeans into the fifth or sixth water jug without or with very little expansion.

.I do wonder about accuracy with a longer journey to the forcing come..
Didn't click but looking at the picture/profile it looks like a target wadcutter.. and those are used for competition target shooting out to 5o yards.. out of .357 chambers very often. wouldn't worry about it too much

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top