JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Become what you detest?! You mean someone that breaks an openly murderous law?

Were the Jews who illegally evaded internment camps in 1939 detestable or were they the only ones acting sanely in an insane society?

Your smarter than that - what would have you done? Like I said when I find something that I feel important enough that i will become a criminal - I think surviving would have meant that requirement. The jews did what I would have done. You really arent paying attention are you.

James Ruby

Well no, I was paying attention, just wanted to clarify but now I know.

You believe that Jews who didn't consent to being murdered in the Holocaust were criminals.
I think I'm beginning to understand where you come from now.

The law made them criminals not by thier own choosing but the by the state. I would have done whatever i could have done to protect my family and myself as the Jews did. You are seriously comparing the laws against drugs to the holocaust that took the world to war. The jews had no control over teh state making them criminals and drug users do have a choice and that is not to start in the first place. You have gone down a very strange rabbit hole.

James Ruby

The law made them criminals not by thier own choosing but the by the state. I would have done whatever i could have done to protect my family and myself as the Jews did. You are seriously comparing the laws against drugs to the holocaust that took the world to war. The jews had no control over teh state making them criminals and drug users do have a choice and that is not to start in the first place. You have gone down a very strange rabbit hole.

James Ruby

Firstly, the Holocaust had nothing to do with the origins of WW2, in fact the Allies suppressed information on the killings for a variety of reasons.

Secondly, there is no difference between the two laws, both simply reclassified innocent citizens who harmed no one into criminals. Another example, the Nazi gun control laws (the first to use the sporting clause language) reclassified many German gun owners into criminals the same way the anti-Jewish laws did, but I'm sure you'll condemn them as criminals for disobeying The State.

The state didn't make them criminals at all actually, it only said that if they did not comply they would be criminals.

To use your words: " it was a conscious decision on their part."

And yes I am comparing the laws on drugs to the holocaust, I thought that was self explanatory.

To compare the halocust with drug usage is not even logical in my mind - I cannot even compare the two - they are so far apart - have fun as I cant keep up with you logic, you have gone where I am scared to travel menatally. The state is not threatening to put drug users to death for disobedience especially for something they themself can control by not starting in the first place. Versus being born of a certain ethnicity which is beyond the individuals control.

James Ruby

Firstly, the Holocaust had nothing to do with the origins of WW2, in fact the Allies suppressed information on the killings for a variety of reasons.

Secondly, there is no difference between the two laws, both simply reclassified innocent citizens who harmed no one into criminals. Another example, the Nazi gun control laws (the first to use the sporting clause language) reclassified many German gun owners into criminals the same way the anti-Jewish laws did, but I'm sure you'll condemn them as criminals for disobeying The State.

I disagree - drug users know that using drugs is against the law and the choices they make are illegal. The drug user makes the decison to be a criminal and screw up thier own lives - it by the way is not an innocent crime and in many cases leads to other criminal activity to feed the fix. Drugs due harm individuals and families - dont kid yourself. Drugs are not a victimless crime. Being of Jewish decent was not a choice anymore than my ancestory is - the state made the Jewish criminals not by thier own hands. There is a tremendous difference in my mind between the two positions. One is a criminal by thier own hands and the others were made criminal by no other fact than being born of a different culture.

James Ruby

Well dmancornell, a quick Google by you could've lent some credibility to your argument: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/14/us/felons-finding-it-easy-to-regain-gun-rights.html?pagewanted=all Instead what I hear from you is essentially a Freeman philosophy on things that is nearly inseperable from anarchy. At any rate, since the linked article does show that felons regaining gun possession rights is a real and expanding thing I hope you won't mind when a convicted pedophile pushes for his rights to apply for a job at a daycare, become a social worker, or buy that house just across the street from that elementary school.

^See above post, being Jewish was not the crime, refusing to turn yourself in was.

Also, no one is saying that drugs do not harm individuals, of course they do. But instituting drug prohibition harms everyone in a society, just as alcohol prohibition in the '20s harmed everyone in society.

If you werent jewish you were exempt from the law - hence being jewish made you a criminal tell you turned yourself in.
I disagree by not implementing drug prohibition you are making society even worse - that is my opinion. To use drugs is at least at first a conscious decision.

James Ruby

I disagree - drug users know that using drugs is against the law and the choices they make are illegal. The drug user makes the decison to be a criminal and screw up thier own lives - it by the way is not an innocent crime and in many cases leads to other criminal activity to feed the fix. Drugs due harm individuals and families - dont kid yourself. Drugs are not a victimless crime. Being of Jewish decent was not a choice anymore than my ancestory is - the state made the Jewish criminals not by thier own hands. There is a tremendous difference in my mind between the two positions. One is a criminal by thier own hands and the others were made criminal by no other fact than being born of a different culture.

James Ruby

Enough with your BS propaganda. I went to school and work with people who use recreational drugs, and used them myself on occasion. Guess we've all managed to screw up our lives by graduating from Ivy League institution with graduate engineering degrees, LOL. The most brilliant professor I've studied under is a drug user and he made $10 million before he was 30.

As Bill Hicks said, if you hate drugs so much, go and throw out all your music, all your tapes and CD's, because all those musicians were real f'n high.

Well dmancornell, a quick Google by you could've lent some credibility to your argument: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/14/us/felons-finding-it-easy-to-regain-gun-rights.html?pagewanted=all Instead what I hear from you is essentially a Freeman philosophy on things that is nearly inseperable from anarchy. At any rate, since the linked article does show that felons regaining gun possession rights is a real and expanding thing I hope you won't mind when a convicted pedophile pushes for his rights to apply for a job at a daycare, become a social worker, or buy that house just across the street from that elementary school.

Or maybe the daycare owner can just refuse to hire said pedophile. Or parents can refuse to patronize a business that would hire such a person.

Gosh, was that so hard? Your infantile non-logic amuses me.

Enough with your BS propaganda. I went to school and work with people who use recreational drugs, and used them myself on occasion. Guess we've all managed to screw up our lives by graduating from Ivy League institution with graduate engineering degrees, LOL. The most brilliant professor I've studied under is a drug user and he made $10 million before he was 30.

As Bill Hicks said, if you hate drugs so much, go and throw out all your music, all your tapes and CD's, because all those musicians were real f'n high.

Now I know why you support illegal drug usage.

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads