JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe I'm asking a dumb question here, but where do people even get syringes to use whatever they are using? I couldn't tell you of one place to buy a needle from except a farm feed/tack store. and I don't ever recall seeing anyone in the stores I visit that appeared to be there for personal use equipment.

Sorry, Kruejl. But you can buy them buy them by the box at any pharmacy! I'm type 2 diabetic, I use two per day! Not a problem for anyone to buy.

Latest trend is to have a monitored space where they can go to shoot up, so when they overdose the nurse can administer Narcan.

Good Lord help us! What a waste of resources. Wouldn't it be both fiscally and socially better if these "disenfranchised" remnants of society "slip off gently into that good night"? They are, after all, the "walking dead" costing tax payers millions of dollars with no valid purpose/return? A simple body bag seems in order.

Again, I have no pity for them.

Good Lord help us! What a waste of resources. Wouldn't it be both fiscally and socially better if these "disenfranchised" remnants of society "slip off gently into that good night"? They are, after all, the "walking dead" costing tax payers millions of dollars with no valid purpose/return? A simple body bag seems in order.

Yup.

-it'd be socially better if the judicial system worked & when these folks are caught with illegal drugs (meth / heroin in particular), they get locked up & stay locked up until they are able to return to normal society. Send em all to a Sherrif Joe style work/boot camp.

Get rid of the customer base by making the use an actual crime (it is a crime, it's just winked at - look at your county booking log) & the dealers can't pay the cartels.

Half the people in the US are obese.
They need Insulin, open heart surgery and we spend billions on them in our Hospitals.

They are after all the ''Non-Walking Dead''. Costing the tax payers millions of dollars with no valid purpose/return?

A XXL body bag seems in order. :rolleyes:

The same "crap" happens in Portland. I work in downtown and commute in early before the Parking Garage and Building maintenance have had time to do their morning cleanup. Mondays are the worst. The smell of urine in the elevator was bad this week - I could tell someone had pissed all over the buttons and the floor - taking the stairs isn't any better they stink even worse. I use the tip of my key to press the buttons.

The steps up to my building usually have bottles/cans and ashes all over them and occasionally there are syringes, drug cooking left overs, and blood on the stairs too.

People all over the side walks too.

We have an ever-growing homeless camp just down the street from my office. Police have, until recently, been moving them out every several months, then they come back. The size of the camp, and the garbage is now the worst it's ever been - and the 'compassionate' government of the People's Republik of Portlandia are doing absolutely nothing about it. In this, as in so many other things, touchy-feely identity-based politics shows it is inept and impotent to solve real world problems. Yet the voters will choose to keep this joke of leadership by a large margin. More of the same! More unsolved problems! More concern about genitalia and skin color than properly running a city/county/state! :mad:

I noticed 15-20 years ago that public restroom stalls in many big cities overseas had disposal containers for used spikes. I've started seeing them here too. Better than finding one stuck in the sole of one's sneaker, I suppose, or poking through a trash bag when some poor min-wage sap collects it from the can. ...

The first time I saw that I was shocked as well. Then I became an insulin dependent diabetic and found out how many other diabetics are out there. The American high carb high fat diet is truly amazing at producing diabetics.

Junkies OTOH don't give a crap about properly disposing of needles. They just want their free needles and whatever else they can get to keep the high going. Once they get started its almost impossible to quit. I have a long time friend who has been in treatment programs, and they work, but access to the clinics that prescribe and supply effective drugs is very limited and the doses are far, far more expensive than the junk they are trying to get free from.

If you want fewer addicts on the streets figure out a way to get them treatment like suboxone at a price they can afford. My friend has to pay over $700 per month for her doses. IMO people are overcharged for these drugs (they are cheap to make) and the companies overcharging are no different or worse than the dealers that got my friend hooked in the first place.

The first time I saw that I was shocked as well. Then I became an insulin dependent diabetic and found out how many other diabetics are out there. The American high carb high fat diet is truly amazing at producing diabetics.

Junkies OTOH don't give a crap about properly disposing of needles. They just want their free needles and whatever else they can get to keep the high going. Once they get started its almost impossible to quit. I have a long time friend who has been in treatment programs, and they work, but access to the clinics that prescribe and supply effective drugs is very limited and the doses are far, far more expensive than the junk they are trying to get free from.

If you want fewer addicts on the streets figure out a way to get them treatment like suboxone at a price they can afford. My friend has to pay over $700 per month for her doses. IMO people are overcharged for these drugs (they are cheap to make) and the companies overcharging are no different or worse than the dealers that got my friend hooked in the first place.
I heard that you can get like a pound of pure fentanyl from China mailed to your doorstep for like $1000.
The equivalent of two grains of salt is enough to kill you so be careful.
do not do

I heard that you can get like a pound of pure fentanyl from China mailed to your doorstep for like $1000.
The equivalent of two grains of salt is enough to kill you so be careful.
do not do

Thanks - I'd be afraid of anything like this through China or India. If it would work, I'd buy it and dose it out for her. Also, the example shows that addicts are taken advantage of by both the drug pushers and the treatment clinics alike.

If my friend didn't have someone willing to let her and her kids stay with them there is no way she could afford the treatment she does get (and struggles to do so). I'm not saying we should pay for their mistakes, but we shouldn't let people charge them $700 per month for something that likely takes $10 to produce. When she can't get the suboxyone she literally writhes in the pain of withdrawal. As far as I'm concerned what they make her pay is robbery at gunpoint.

I've been working around the Bay Area Waterfront since the mid 70's.............At one time it was a great place to work and to relax............40yrs later the "transformation" is unbelievable. The smell of urine and feces on a warm afternoon are amazing, and not in a good way.

"I'm torn on this. I don't like my taxes paying for syringes. But if syringes are not supplied, they're still gonna shoot up. Then my taxes are gonna pay for their hospital stay when they're finally in the hospital with hepatitis, HIV, or any other transmitted disease that targets the hypes.

Not much different than giving rubbers to high school kids. If ya don't, they're still gonna screw, and then my taxes are gonna support these young mothers and their children, very likely for 18 years.

WAYNO."

+++++

If I thought like you do......then I'd be held hostage to everyone's desires to make bad choices with their own lives.

Is it morally correct to force me to pay for your mistakes? Should we also pay people NOT to commit crimes? See how that sort of policy works?

Freedom is also about: Responsibility and the power to choose your own destiny.

Then, there should be/are consequences for choosing incorrectly. It's life. Choose wisely.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Once is a mistake, twice is a pattern, three times is a habit. Addiction occurs over a brief period. It isn't a surprising revelation that the use of drugs is deleterious to both the mind and body.

Legal or not, any drug that alters the mind has an effect on the human body. Some are worse than others. I'm not too keen on alcohol. I haven't been drinking over the past 10-15 years, and don't care for being under the influence of the substance. It killed my older brother and his wife.

Illicit drugs have been the death of more people than I care to enumerate. I don't care much for anything that tears up the body, mind and/or soul. No thanks.

I like Limeade, (Mexican style) Lemonade and Orange Juice. "Original" (made with Sucrose) 7-Up, "Original" (made with Sucrose) Coca-Cola, Pepsi "Throwback" Dr. Pepper "Throwback", Lemon or Lime Phosphate. *yum* Root Beer floats... that's the stuff!

Good stuff, Maynard!

Life Long Root Beer fan here! I was just up in the PDX area last month for some fun and fishing after closing out business there, and had to go to Portland! I was blown away by what I saw. Pioneer Square looked like Sarajevo '92 as did most of down town, and that view was just from the MAX, which is it's own cesspool of humanity's left over cargo after a Chinese customs inspection! Drug use was ever present, and every place smelled of Pot and piss! I felt my I.Q. drop measurably with every block deeper behind enemy lines! South east was almost worse, with homeless camps every where the eye looked, and the SMELL!!!! Nothing like the smell of living death, Almost like Bosnia, but without the smell of burned cordite mixed in! Talk about flashbacks! I fled the PDX area ( beaverton) just in time I see, it's really sad to say the least! Seattle I haven't dared to venture in 20 years, and SanFran, we should sell it back to Mexico! Sorry guys for your Losses up there, IT used to be so nice in Portland!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top