JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Most people are dead, they just don't know it yet." - Charles Peasley

So I'm watchin' and I'm waitin'
Hopin' for the best
Even think I'll go to prayin'
Every time I hear 'em sayin'
That there's no way to delay
that trouble comin' every day
No way to delay
That trouble comin' every day!

"Trouble Every Day" The Mothers of Invention (Frank Zappa) :D
"FreakOut" (1966)

View attachment 341270

I almost want to post the entire songs lyrics! Recorded in 1966, and about the massive news coverage of those troubled days, it is simply stunning in how it relates today!
Really good song too! :D

@Sgt Nambu, never would have pegged you for a Zappa fan. Spent a lot of time listening to Don't Crush That Dwarf.. and Over-Nite Sensation.

I'd file most of the "Gibbs Rules" from NCIS in this category...

#7: "Always be specific when you lie."
#8: "Never take anything for granted."
#9: "Never go anywhere without a knife."
#16: "If someone thinks they have the upper hand, break it."
#18: "It's better to seek forgiveness than ask permission."
#20: "Always look under."
#36: "If you feel like you are being played, you probably are"
#39: "There is no such thing as coincidence."
--#39A: "There is no such thing as a small world"
--Corollary: "However, we DO believe in bad luck."
#40: "If it seems like someone is out to get you, they are."
#42: "Never accept an apology from someone who just sucker punched you."
#44: "First things first, hide the women and children."
#51: "Sometimes you're wrong."
#69: "Never trust a woman who doesn't trust her man."

Just a few of my favorites relevant to this discussion... :D

Last Edited:
"We have been silent witnesses of evil deeds: we have been drenched by many storms; we have learnt the arts of equivocation and pretence; experience has made us suspicious of others and kept us from being truthful and open; intolerable conflicts have worn us down and even made us cynical. Are we still of any use? What we shall need is not geniuses, or cynics, or misanthropes, or clever tacticians, but plain, honest, straightforward men. Will our inward power of resistance be strong enough, and our honesty with ourselves remorseless enough, for us to find our way back to simplicity and straightforwardness?" — Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a German-Lutheran pastor and part of the Resistance movement against Nazism

"The ultimate achievement is to defeat the enemy without even coming to battle." - Sun Tzu

"When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty, and there is nothing to fear from them, then he is always stirring up some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader." – Plato

"I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often." – Brian Tracy

"No matter what you call your government, over time, it will be taken over by the cunning insiders and hustlers he called "foxes."" - Vilfredo Pareto, Italian economist

"People Need to Understand that their Biggest Asset is Individual Liberty" – Claudio Grass

"You say you'll change the Constitution. Well, you know We all want to change your head. You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know You'd better free your mind instead." —JOHN LENNON

"The nature of psychological compulsion is such that those who act under constraint remain under the impression that they are acting on their own initiative," Aldous Huxley stated. "The victim of mind-manipulation does not know that he is a victim. To him, the walls of his prison are invisible."

"We know from painful experience that freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed." —MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR., Letter From Birmingham City Jail

"All martyrs of religious faiths, of freedom and of science have had to disobey those who wanted to muzzle them in order to obey their own consciences, the laws of humanity and of reason. … At this point in history, the capacity to doubt, to criticize and to disobey may be all that stands between a future for mankind and the end of the civilization." —ERICH FROMM, author and psychologist

"To think of disobedient minorities as rebels and traitors is against the letter and spirit of the Constitution whose framers were especially sensitive to the dangers of unbridled majority rule." —HANNAH ARENDT

"[W]e as a nation must undergo a radical revolution of values. We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are all incapable of being conquered." - Martin Luther King, Jr. On April 4, 1967, one year to the day before he was assassinated

"It is perfectly possible for a man to be out of prison and yet not free—to be under no physical constraint and yet be a psychological captive, compelled to think, feel and act as the representatives of the national state, or of some private interest within the nation wants him to think, feel and act. … To him the walls of his prison are invisible and he believes himself to be free." —ALDOUS HUXLEY, A Brave New World Revisited

"Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize, ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief." —Author FRANTZ FANON

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see." —JOHN LENNON

"All the Dachaus must remain standing. The Dachaus, the Belsens, the Buchenwalds, the Auschwitzes—all of them. They must remain standing because they are a monument to a moment in time when some men decided to turn the earth into a graveyard, into it they shoveled all of their reason, their logic, their knowledge, but worst of all their conscience. And the moment we forget this, the moment we cease to be haunted by its remembrance, then we become the gravediggers." - Rod Serling

"Music is the language of the spirit. It opens the secret of life bringing peace, abolishing strife." - Kahlil Gibran

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist." - Oscar Wilde

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top