JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One from a friend to the north. The guy's a heck of a wingshot, which you're going to see in the second half of this video, but he puts on a great presentation and has some great insight into the different guns he demo's.
This one was the first of his that I found and it remains my favourite....

Glad someone was able to video this. Times like this are priceless....

...in case you're interested, the video says the kid's gun was a Legacy Pointer Single-Shot .410 W/3" Chamber, #6 shot

...ok, this is the last one....PROMISE...From Gun Time with Brandon, back in the days when he was dating the ever popular Kristi.
Remember the one where they shot a barrel of water with a .500 mag?

Last Edited:
There's one more that I thought was absolutely hilarious but I can no longer find it.
Could be the account has been erased, or the video has, anyway.
Its a real short video of a guy who looks at the camera and says the shell he's holding is a 12 g. 3.5" magnum.
The gun is a break action single shot that weighs probably 5 lbs.
...then he says, "this is gonna hurt". He then takes a little time but shoots the round, which rocks him back pretty good.
He pulls the gun down, looks at the camera and yells, "OW!".
I was rollin' the first time I saw it.
I've looked for it, but I just can't seem to find it anymore.
If you know of this video and know where its at, PLEASE, post it.
It'll give you a good laugh. :D:D

Dean

My favorite youtube channel. Sagebrush Longshots is done by a guy in Washington. The featured character Wind passed away last year, but his partner in crime is still doing videos. These are mostly long range shooting with cast bullets and old single shots or lever action rifles. With a little pistol fun tossed in occasionally.

Sagebrush Longshots

Most of these are shot near Tonasket, Wa. at the owner's place.

Yes, a bit east of Tonasket, but Tonasket is the closest town. We shoot there every summer.
Had a friend who moved there when we were in high school.
Went out and stayed with him, summer before senior year. Spent almost every day at the community pool. Met a girl. Floated down the Tonasket River (or whatever that big creek was called) and went spent 3 days out on the Robinson Creek Trail above Hart's Pass in the Pasayten's.
He lived on the opposite side of the river from town, not too far from some high hill that had a microwave dish stuck on top of it.
We climbed up there one day. He told the buildings I could see in the distance was Canada.
Pretty fun time. Hard to believe next year will be 40 years since that summer.

Dean

Show this video to any anti gunner and hope for quick results. He does a very good job of clarifying common confusion & debunking myths in quick, friendly and efficient manner. I added this video to my "Gun Truth" saved playlist which is for videos to be shown to anti-gunners.

Last Edited:
Had a friend who moved there when we were in high school.
Went out and stayed with him, summer before senior year. Spent almost every day at the community pool. Met a girl. Floated down the Tonasket River (or whatever that big creek was called) and went spent 3 days out on the Robinson Creek Trail above Hart's Pass in the Pasayten's.
He lived on the opposite side of the river from town, not too far from some high hill that had a microwave dish stuck on top of it.
We climbed up there one day. He told the buildings I could see in the distance was Canada.
Pretty fun time. Hard to believe next year will be 40 years since that summer.

Dean

That's the Okanagon River running through Tonasket.
I'd love to move up there myself, but wife wouldn't move that far away from the grandkids.

mm93,

There was a bridge that allowed you to cross the river. That's how you got into town.....right?

No, there's no bridge from North or East, and bridge from the South when coming into town is quite a ways south of Tonasket. There is a bridge if you leave town going west, but that's just a small bridge on 4th st. that takes you to Hwy 7 that's the west side frontage road paralleling the Okanogan River. It's really not within city limits as the city stops on the east side of the river. It is the only route to get to the tiny Tonasket Municipal Airport though.

Yep, that would be it.
Coming over from Poulsbo, we'd be coming from the west.
I thought there was one. I can still picture it.
Don't recall an airport, though.

Coming East from Poulsboro you'd likely be coming Hwy 20, and then North on 97, so the little bridge that goes West out of downtown Tonasket wouldn't ever be used. It sees very little use as Hwy 97 runs N-S and it's the main travel route. I;d guess the bridge you recall is after 20 and 97 merge, and crosses the Okanogan about 5-8 miles south of Tonasket. The bridge across the Okanogan that goes to Hwy 7 and the municipal airport is not on the way into town. The airport can't be seen from any roads, as the little road to the airport dead ends up in the hills at the airport.
One of my friends from Indiana that attends our shoot flies his plane in, and we took a flight around the valley a couple years ago. Otherwise I wouldn't even have guessed Tonasket even had an airport. Can't even buy fuel at that airport, and have to go south to Omak Airport to get fuel and services.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top